IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Umra heads to greensburg for j2lr "fan appreciation night"
9/6/09, 12:27 PM   #1
Umra heads to greensburg for j2lr "fan appreciation night"
A1Sprint

UMRA Heads To Greensburg for J2LR “Fan Appreciation Night”
By Alex Wollf
Attachment 1449

On Saturday night the cars and stars of the UMRA will head for the Decatur County Fairgrounds in Greensburg for the J2LR Construction UMRA “Fan Appreciation Night.” J2LR is a commercial building contractor based in the Indianapolis area that specializes in convenience stores, gas stations, strip malls, and other similar type buildings with projects ranging from simple remodels to complete turn key/ground up operations. For more information on J2LR, be sure to visit them on the internet at www.j2lr.com.
It will be a very special “Fan Appreciation Night” at Greensburg as the TQ’s will be joined again by some special guests in the form of winged and non-winged micros that will be putting on the kind of action-packed racing that they are known for. During the night’s racing program, the fans will be able to come down on the track to get up close and personal with the drivers and their cars. It will be a great opportunity to get an autograph and maybe even a photo taken with your favorite driver that could show up at www.umra.com. After the races all of the fans in attendance will be more than welcome to come back to the pits and have another chance to see the cars after they have finished doing battle on the track. All of this will make for a great night for the whole family at Greensburg, but as they say, “But Wait There’s More!” The kids will want to be sure to get their parents to bring them to Greensburg because a bicycle will be given away to a lucky youngster.
The action on the track with the UMRA TQ Midgets will be hot and heavy at Greensburg as after Saturday night’s race there will be just one more race remaining in 2009. Terry Goff leads the points and will look to clinch his fourteenth series championship on Saturday night. His son Jason will look to make it two wins in a row after his triumph at the Indianapolis Speedrome on August 30th. However, two-time series champion Ron Combs will be looking to defend the home turf at Greensburg and go to victory lane again at the fairgrounds like he did in July of 2008. As always the Dutch Mill Buffet in Milroy will be giving out certificates to competitors throughout the night and the G&G Oil “Hard Charger of the Race” will see five gallons of fuel go to the driver that advances the most positions in the feature.
It will be a great evening of racing as the gates open at three, practice is at 5:00, and racing is set to begin at 7:30!

Top Ten In UMRA Points (After 14 Races)
1. Terry Goff 1865 6. Brandon Gray 1335
2. Brent Turner 1662 7. Trent Henderson 1228
3. Zach Cougill 1513 8. Doug Roland 1220
4. Ron Combs 1479 9. Bobby Walton 1188
5. Oogie Goff 1405 10. Michael Koontz 1111
Last edited by A1Sprint; 9/6/09 at 12:33 PM.

9/8/09, 7:31 AM   #2
Re: Umra heads to greensburg for j2lr "fan appreciation night"
MKTQ17

Thanks to J2LR for sponsoring a great evening for TQ fans. With only 2 races left everyone will be digging for every point they can to either secure their points position or try improve from their current spot.

We will also be unvailing our 2nd car at Greensburg. Koontz Racing welcomes Scotty Orme to the team and to the UMRA family.

9/8/09, 8:30 AM   #3
tq11

Rain Rain stay away! I want to run at Greensburg, Its always one of my better tracks! Koontz racing adding another car is awsome. Good luck to you and your new driver. Well I hope to see a good turn out this weekend for the j2lr fan appreciation night it should be a good one.
Brandon Gray#11

9/8/09, 10:19 AM   #4
suade82

How much just to get in the stands? I may be bringing a good group with me

Wade

9/8/09, 11:31 PM   #5
MKTQ17

Admission will be $7.00 for adults. Concessions will also be available all evening. Greensburg has both grandstand area and lawn seating. We also will be running winged and non winged 600 Micro's in addition to the always fast UMRA TQ midgets. We have a fun and up close and personal night planned with a special driver intros you won't want to miss. We are real excited to get our new car on the track and be a part of the best TQ racing in the midwest! Come out to Greensburg Saturday night for UMRA fan Appreciation Night....Thank you to J2LR for supporting UMRA and our fan appreciation night.

Ps. Wade wear red and I will look for you and get you a UMRA T shirt.. What size do you need?

Michael Koontz #17
www.koontzracing.net
Last edited by MKTQ17; 9/8/09 at 11:33 PM.

9/9/09, 7:33 AM   #6
suade82

Sorry I can't really wear red, I will be driving a non wing micro and my suit is black, but thanks for the offer. :2:

9/9/09, 8:41 AM   #7
tq11

Michael, Im just got comformation that my buddy Ryan Lanston that runs the Power I micro series Is gonna come and try and run winged and non winged depending on car count he said. But Be watching for him he will be fast! This is gonna be one great night!

Also I just wanted to give a BIG thanks to Michael Koontz For all the Hard work he is putting into this! You are working real hard to get TQ racing Back on the Map and I really appriciate it! I was thinking about selling the TQ and going sprint car racing, But with the things that you are getting done. Im getting more and more excited about running TQs for a while longer!

Thanks again,

Brandon Gray#11

9/9/09, 11:37 PM   #8
MKTQ17

Wade, Glad to hear your coming over email me your team info so we can get you in the program for your sponsors. Thanks Brandon!!! its all about having fun at this level of racing and this year has been just that.. Its not been just me working hard everyone in the club is working equally as hard to ensure TQ racing stays strong for years to come. Many great drivers at one point or another have competed in the UMRA. WHO WILL BE NEXT?

9/11/09, 2:57 PM   #9
racerdog45

This should be a really good show, the UMRA puts on the best TQ racing there is with a full starting field and top quality cars and drivers. Add in the 600s for even more racing action PLUS all that for only $7, kind of hard to beat. Mt. Lawn was awesome, packed grandstands for their fan appreciation night with lots of good racing and a crowd that was VERY into the events. This show should be well worth attending plus you can't be a fairgrounds feeling for a night of racing before winter sets in.

9/11/09, 3:43 PM   #10
MKTQ17

Fans will be in for a real treat Saturday night!!!!! Keep your eye in the sky you never know what might show up to compliment the great racing.

Michael Koontz

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Umra heads to greensburg for j2lr "fan appreciation night"