IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #1 8/25/09 1:07 AM
after reading ralph capatani's recent quotes in speedsport he
sounds pretty pissed off at the way things are going in winged sprint
car racing . one complaint was having to have a fuel stop in the 40 lapper.
well i know a really simple way to increase mileage, mr. capatani, TAKE
THE WINGS OFF! i'm serious. the racing tuesday night at osky upstages
the nationals every year . even the wing fans readily admit it now! next
year is the 50th nationals and i think capi should go out with a bang just
like earl did no wings and $200,001.00 to win! (they were always upstaging
each other).
at the very least i'm already looking forward to sun. night
next year. it looked like they finally prepared the track correctly for non wing
cars ,dug up and heavily watered. i wonder if they would consider a mon. afternoon
rain date. the crowd is already there for the natls. so what difference does it
make. if you don't run you garuntee a money loss on advertising and employee expenses.
almost the same crowd will be there mon. at noon so there's a chance to make money.

just some thoughts/fantasies then again so was that $200,000 at eldora
but earl did it!
2 Likes: 64chevy, dirtnonwingfan
USAC Fan
  #2 8/25/09 1:41 AM
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam:
after reading ralph capatani's recent quotes in speedsport he
sounds pretty pissed off at the way things are going in winged sprint
car racing . one complaint was having to have a fuel stop in the 40 lapper.
Poor Ralph, he's just going to be ruined. I couldn't keep up with all the double-talk from John McCoy and Ralph Capitani during the Nationals. If they're so pissed off I know a real simple way to rectify one issue: DON'T HAVE A FUEL STOP. Make the teams risk it by running the same size injectors or gamble with smaller injectors to get better mileage. If Ralph Capitani is going to spout off how it's his race track and his race and he can do what he wants THEN DO IT. Mandate bigger tanks, injector size, or harder tires, DON'T WHINE AND CRY ABOUT.

Don't let this BS fool you. He's just as led on a leash by the WoO teams as DIRT is.
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #3 8/25/09 10:59 PM
if he's so led on a leash why did he drop the outlaw sanction from
the nationals a couple years ago? usac sprints would't have been allowed
in there during nationals week when the outlaws called the shots. i agree though
he needs to quit cryin and do something about it like what i mentioned.
Sprint63122 (Offline)
  #4 8/25/09 11:52 PM
Somebody has needed to do something about the winged racing for over the past ten years plus a shade of the show they used to put on and I hope Cappy sticks to his guns on this one.Plus the other comments above are spot on the tuesday show at Osky has been a thousand times better than the nationals have been.
USAC Fan
  #5 8/26/09 12:34 AM
in there during nationals week when the outlaws called the shots. i agree though
Are you so sure the Outlaws called the shots? When they "sanctioned" the Nationals, did you ever see any Outlaw officials out there? Were they running the Outlaw format? I don't know why Knoxville was sanctioned but I have a feeling it was about a you scratch my back/i'll scratch your back with Ted and Ralph. You are probably right, that if Ted was still around, USAC wouldn't be anywhere near Knoxville.

And to closeout, stop suggesting he needs to or ever will make the Nationals non-wing again. Haubstadt can't even draw 30 cars for 10 grand to win, Knoxville would be lucky to get 35 for the purse they offer.
slide22 (Offline)
  #6 8/26/09 1:37 AM
He dropped the sanction the year of the WoO - NST split. So that NST he would get cars from both sanctions, not just the WoO.
Flatrightrear (Offline)
  #7 8/26/09 2:13 AM
Robert Welch created Welch Candy Company which produced Sugar Babies candy. Tom
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #8 8/26/09 8:45 AM
Originally Posted by USAC Fan:
Are you so sure the Outlaws called the shots? When they "sanctioned" the Nationals, did you ever see any Outlaw officials out there? Were they running the Outlaw format? I don't know why Knoxville was sanctioned but I have a feeling it was about a you scratch my back/i'll scratch your back with Ted and Ralph. You are probably right, that if Ted was still around, USAC wouldn't be anywhere near Knoxville.

And to closeout, stop suggesting he needs to or ever will make the Nationals non-wing again. Haubstadt can't even draw 30 cars for 10 grand to win, Knoxville would be lucky to get 35 for the purse they offer.

Yeah but USAC or MSCS don't pay 7grand to the first non transfer either. What is it? 300-400?

Charles Nungester
usa1bowtie (Offline)
  #9 8/26/09 11:29 AM
A few of us had this conversation during Sprintweek and carried it on at Knoxville. For the 50th, run 25 laps with and 25 laps without the wings. Don't matter which is first. Same car must be used. I believe that since the Nationals started out without the lids, they should run 25 of the 50 laps without. That'll seperate the men from the boys IMO.
flyer (Offline)
  #10 8/26/09 4:11 PM
Originally Posted by usa1bowtie:
A few of us had this conversation during Sprintweek and carried it on at Knoxville. For the 50th, run 25 laps with and 25 laps without the wings. Don't matter which is first. Same car must be used. I believe that since the Nationals started out without the lids, they should run 25 of the 50 laps without. That'll seperate the men from the boys IMO.
Amen, brother....