IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
arctic monkey21 (Offline)
  #1 8/22/09 1:58 PM
Whitt Hines
Jones Darland
Stanbrough Fike

That is the top 6 which is inverted to start the race

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

26 cars are starting, 27 showed not sure who the one car not starting is
6 Likes: AustinSprinter, Bruce Harrison, FishBurger, Jimmydiesel, Let'sGoRacin', Z-man
ronmil (Online)
  #2 8/22/09 2:11 PM
Originally Posted by arctic monkey21:
Whitt Hines
Jones Darland
Stanbrough Fike

That is the top 6 which is inverted to start the race

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

26 cars are starting, 27 showed not sure who the one car not starting is
Mmmmmmm, interesting. I've never heard of them inverting the top six qualifiers in a Silver Crown race.

Ron Miller
Kirk Spridgeon (Offline)
  #3 8/22/09 2:14 PM
Rest of the top 15 is Coons, Hollingsworth, Wise, Tyler, Hagar, Hmiel, Capie, Elliott, Beechler...
5 Likes: AustinSprinter, Bruce Harrison, FishBurger, Jimmydiesel, Let'sGoRacin'
  #4 8/22/09 2:15 PM
Yeah, I was a little surprised as well. I dunno I just spoke briefly with my parents and I don't really know what the deal is with that. Usually they spend the morning going around the fair and don't go into the track until right before the race starts for the silver crown show.

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

yellow for Tyler, running order 71, 22, 37 and 10. Whitt was running away before the caution. 24 laps in.
Kirk Spridgeon (Offline)
  #5 8/22/09 2:26 PM
Hmiel has also hit the pits. Tyler's car was reportedly covered in oil and smoking heavily before he stopped.
2 Likes: AustinSprinter, Jimmydiesel
  #6 8/22/09 2:28 PM
3 cars tangle on restart, Coons one of them. Darland 5th and Fike 6th. Order has not changed.

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

Hearing Coons is going to be on the hook, and another is pushing back off. Other car involved is Swanson.

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

No new update, but here is the full order of cars I've been given. 71, 22, 37, 10, 56, 32. From what I've pieced togeter 3 cars got together that brough out the last caution. Coons and Swanson were the only two that stopped. Also believe that Swanson lost a lap while getting pushed back off.

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

Lap 79 yellow, oil on front straight. 71, 37, 22, 10, 56. Whitt had a big lead before yellow.

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

Oil was from 14, pretty sure it was a blown motor. 14 is Beechler if the entry list on the other thread is correct.
3 Likes: AustinSprinter, Jimmydiesel, racegal
AustinSprinter (Offline)
  #7 8/22/09 3:05 PM
Just curious why nobodys mentioned where the point leader has been runnin so far??.........added!!...Looks like Bk was 7th from 22nd spot....leads Fike by 59 headin to DuQuoin
  #8 8/22/09 3:08 PM
I'm only posting what information I recieve. Its pretty hard to hear even during caution because of how the sounds bounce around under that roof.
3 Likes: AustinSprinter, jackhole, JEFFSTOY
JON'S MOM (Offline)
  #9 8/22/09 3:11 PM
Thanks for updates
  #10 8/22/09 3:14 PM
Whitt wins, 37, 10, 32. Something happend to Hines on the last lap. Possibly ran out of fuel.

---------- Post added at 01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

Whitt
Stanbrough
Jones
AJ Fike

That's all they got. Maybe somebody else will be able to get a more complete rundown.
5 Likes: 3Cfan, AustinSprinter, Blackduce, JEFFSTOY, Jimmydiesel