IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Scora's "alex coonan classic" 8/29
8/19/09, 4:53 PM   #1
Scora's "alex coonan classic" 8/29
john3g

THE ALEX COONAN CLASSIC
25 LAP FEATURE !!!!

This August 29th will be the SCORA Sprint Car Series Championship night at The Kamp Motor Speedway. This will be the last SCORA point’s race for the 2009 season. Our Guest of Honor and Master of Ceremonies will be Alex Coonan who is known to us as the “Ransom Rocket”. Alex was injured in a nasty wreck at the Terre Haute Action back on June13. The accident occurred on the last lap just feet away from the start finish line. Alex suffered a serious neck injury that side lined him for the rest of the year. Alex and his family still remain our biggest supporters and even though Alex hasn’t been with us since his wreck he still remains 5th in points going into our final night. Alex also has one feature victory to his credit that he earned down at Soggy Bottoms Ky, on June 6th. Alex and his family will be with us to help us kick things off and to settle the point’s battle for this year.

The point’s are getting tight from the top down. Only 43 points separate the top 2 drivers, Craige Budde and Dave Peperak. Another big race that just recently has heated up is between the current driver that holds the 6th place, Joe Varvel and the 7th place driver in the point’s chase Matt Humphrey. Only 7 point’s separate the two drivers but both drivers aren’t only challenging each other in the points race they are also fighting for the J&J Powder Coating Rookie of the year tittle. All this is sure to get all the drivers elbows up and their right foot planted.

I would like to invite all the STEEL BLOCK teams and all the sprint car fans to come out to the KAMP MOTOR SPEEDWAY for THE ALEX COONAN CLASSIC and to also help us celebrate BOB KAMPS 69th birthday!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

I want to thank ALL the MTS regulars that have contacted me with their interest in racing with us. The MTS group is always welcome to join us. Thank you again John Gurley
Last edited by john3g; 8/19/09 at 5:02 PM.

8/20/09, 9:10 AM   #2
Re: Scora's "alex coonan classic" 8/29
#1SPRINTVET

I am happy to see a fine young man honored. Alex and his family are an honor to know and are a big plus to the racing community. Thank the Lord for his recovery!

8/20/09, 8:36 PM   #3
RushvilleDirtFan

Good luck to 79 Matt Humphrey.

8/21/09, 11:37 AM   #4
john3g

The pre-entry list is growing larger than I could have ever hoped for. If you have not contacted me please do so. I want to get a list together by the 26th so that I can get the drivers names out here on the web.Thank you all again for the overwhelming support.John Gurley

8/24/09, 2:41 PM   #5
john3g

I will be posting a "tentative" entry list very soon.Thank you John Gurley

8/24/09, 3:10 PM   #6
JMar47

John.. Is there a driver membership fee for first time particapents?

8/24/09, 5:04 PM   #7
mscs20

Yes, it's $20.

8/24/09, 11:19 PM   #8
STIDA.com

Race Count This Year: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMar47 View Post
John.. Is there a driver membership fee for first time particapents?

Are you coming out of retirement????

8/25/09, 9:50 AM   #9
john3g

Quote:
Originally Posted by STIDA.com View Post
Are you coming out of retirement????
Justin will driving the Robinson Racing #57.

8/25/09, 10:10 AM   #10
JMar47

If that what you want to call it. I never acually stated " I'm retiring" I just needed to take a break from the bs that sometimes comes with full time racing. I love this sport and have been missing it. A few weeks ago my son and I went and crewed for Rice and it was the best. It brought up a lot of good memories from when I was Rice's crew chief at 15yrs old. Those were the days. It has been pretty hard to stay away and now I can't wait to pull my first tearoff in 3yrs. Wooo Racin

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Scora's "alex coonan classic" 8/29