IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
john3g
  #1 8/11/09 11:34 AM
S.C.O.R.A Sprint Car Series

“PRESS RELEASE”
After this past weekend at the Chandler Motor speedway some hard decisions had to be made regarding the future of the series. As you must know by now Sam’s wife Rose is recovering from a stroke she suffered at the beginning of the month and due to the care required to aid in her speedy recovery Sam has decided to take a step back from the day to day operation of the series. He has asked me to take the reins and fill in for him for the remainder of the season. In doing so I have contacted or I am attempting to contact all of the SCORA team owners and drivers. If you have not been contacted it’s because I do not have any contact info on you so please email me and I will get back to you ASAP.

*** PROGRAM CHANGES***
After getting the feed back from the teams that I have talked to her are some changes that are being put into place starting this weekend.
1.) Passing points are out.
2.) There will be NO qualifier races. Heats only.
3.) There will be a dash. The top (2) from each heat will compete in a “Trophy Dash”. How you finish the “Dash” will determine how you start the feature.
Here’s the deal on the steel blocks versus the aluminum blocks. The Charleston race will be an OPEN ENGINE RULE!!! However, per the consensus of owners that I have talked to we have agreed to the following: IF we get 14 steel blocks in attendance for the Charleston race we will make the rest of the year a “STEEL” block ONLY rule for the remainder of the scheduled events. This means that all race cars are welcome this weekend and as for the steel or aluminum deal it will be determined by the MAJORITY!!!
This means it is up to the steel block community to decide on the future direction of the series and NOT Sam or myself.
Here is a list of driver and owners that I have talked to.
Steve Thomas, Craig Budde, Matt Humphrey, Dave Peperak, Joe Varvel, Curt Eldridge, Ray Kenens, JL Brewer, Alex Pettas, Jamie Fredrickson, Chase Stockon, Chris Gurley, The Krockenburger’s, Carmichael’s, The Gentry’s, Rob Nimee,Al Thomas, JC Bland,Tommy Rockwell
Here is the list of drivers and owner that have not gotten back to me or I have no info on.
Adam Belisles, Robinson Racing, Dusty Wright, Eric Burns, Jt Stapp,John Barrick
**I will be trying to get a hold of the Illinois cars today.
Thank you for reading and I hope to see all of you this weekend.John Gurley

ON A SIDE NOTE YOU CAN LET THE BASHING BEGIN!!!!
pgray (Offline)
  #2 8/11/09 11:47 AM
Professional " Press Releases " posted on message boards do not end in " LET THE BASHING BEGIN !!!! "

Apparently , you must think that there is much within your organization to " bash ".
You should consider an overhaul of your club's public relations skills .
SPRINTCAR (Offline)
  #3 8/11/09 11:48 AM
1.) Passing points are out.
2.) There will be NO qualifier races. Heats only.
3.) There will be a dash. The top (2) from each heat will compete in “Trophy Dash”. How you finish the “Dash” will determine how you start the feature.

Can Usac do this also?
jjones776 (Offline)
  #4 8/11/09 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by pgray:
Professional " Press Releases " posted on message boards do not end in " LET THE BASHING BEGIN !!!! "

Apparently , you must think that there is much within your organization to " bash ".
i'm pretty sure that's where the majority of the bashing comes from. their lack of professionalism.
sprintsrule (Offline)
  #5 8/11/09 11:54 AM
no, it's called look at all the bashing on the past posts about SCORA...maybe he's tired of it ? Remember the old saying: "If you don't have anything nice to say...."
john3g
  #6 8/11/09 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by pgray:

No suprise here...I added the last statement in preperation for what was going to hit me..AGAIN!!

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

Originally Posted by jjones776:
i'm pretty sure that's where the majority of the bashing comes from. their lack of professionalism.
Im sorry you feel that way but to be honest I'm only concerned with the teams that support us..
mscs20 (Offline)
  #7 8/11/09 12:22 PM
How many are going to start? Is it 20 or 22? How about an open tire for the steel blocks?
nonwingnit (Offline)
  #8 8/11/09 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by john3g:
No suprise here...I added the last statement in preperation for what was going to hit me..AGAIN!!

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

Im sorry you feel that way but to be honest I'm only concerned with the teams that support us..
Everything I've read in prior threads from you speaking on behalf of scora hasn't been real professional. You bashed teams for not supporting your series after they said they would, you bashed promoters for their role in not supporting you. You have bashed fans on here that are confused as to why you would change the rules midway through.

I don't know about you but I have a problem doing business with people that cry and complain all the time about how they aren't getting the support they need. Bottom line - if you have a good quality well-ran organized fair and respectful company you will get the support you deserve. No one wants to work with someone that won't accept responsibility for their own circumstances and instead points the finger every other direction.

And btw - watch and learn from the other better ran series - you don't see their officials getting on here blaming cars for not showing up or bashing fans for voicing their opinions.

Before you end with "let the bashing begin" maybe take a step back and realize you brought that upon yourself by voicing all your complaints problems and mis-management on a public message board.

Greg
Posted via Mobile Device
3 Likes: pgray, sprintgal, Wallsracing
john3g
  #9 8/11/09 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by mscs20:
How many are going to start? Is it 20 or 22? How about an open tire for the steel blocks?
20 cars... As for the tires Steve we are bound this year by a contract with HOOSIER.I would love to hear more input from all the teams on the tire rule.

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Originally Posted by nonwingnit:
Everything I've read in prior threads from you speaking on behalf of scora hasn't been real professional. You bashed teams for not supporting your series after they said they would, you bashed promoters for their role in not supporting you. You have bashed fans on here that are confused as to why you would change the rules midway through.

I don't know about you but I have a problem doing business with people that cry and complain all the time about how they aren't getting the support they need. Bottom line - if you have a good quality well-ran organized fair and respectful company you will get the support you deserve. No one wants to work with someone that won't accept responsibility for their own circumstances and instead points the finger every other direction.

And btw - watch and learn from the other better ran series - you don't see their officials getting on here blaming cars for not showing up or bashing fans for voicing their opinions.

Before you end with "let the bashing begin" maybe take a step back and realize you brought that upon yourself by voicing all your complaints problems and mis-management on a public message board.

Greg
Posted via Mobile Device
Thank you for your concerns....This is all I'm going to say on this subject because this has NOTHING to do with the topic and it is not directed to anyone that isn't running or going to run with SCORA.This post is for our guys and not computer racers. I reply and post as honestly as I can.I do it strait up with my name at the bottom unlike most on here.I don't back away from the hard questions or comments.I type how I feel and what I see.I try to give my reasons for why I feel a certain way and I won't hide anything that I know to be true.If it's hear-say then I say that is and if I have facts I lay it out.Most of you have NO clue what goes on past the grandstands and thats fine but I feel everyone should know and see whats happening on both sides. So if I offend I'm sorry but what you see is what you get. get.John Gurley
racerdog45
  #10 8/11/09 4:17 PM
Is this an actual "press release" that went out to many media sources or just a post on IOW disguised as a "press release"......