IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midwest Mini Sprints VS. AMSA
8/6/09, 9:08 PM   #1
Midwest Mini Sprints VS. AMSA
Jrp4554

I just recently purchased a mini sprint and was just curious about the two mini sprint clubs. Have there always been two clubs or is this the result of a split? I'm not trying to start a war. I'm more or less just looking for honest facts about the two clubs. Not wanting any mud slinging. No pun intended.

Thanks

8/6/09, 10:46 PM   #2
Re: Midwest Mini Sprints VS. AMSA
slide22

You're really not going to get an unbiased opinion from anyone on here, everyone is going to tell you why their series is the best and the other stinks. My opinion is to race wherever you want and not align with either, race wherever is cloesest, most economical, or a track you like, and don't let someone ruin your opinion about either of the series.

8/6/09, 10:53 PM   #3
Fisher79

AMSA were always 1200's and MMSA are 1000's, correct?

8/6/09, 10:57 PM   #4
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrp4554 View Post
I just recently purchased a mini sprint and was just curious about the two mini sprint clubs. Have there always been two clubs or is this the result of a split? I'm not trying to start a war. I'm more or less just looking for honest facts about the two clubs. Not wanting any mud slinging. No pun intended.

Thanks
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to our racing family. I can't speak on behalf of the MMSA, but at Lawrenceburg Speedway we fully support the AMSA. I have met alot of really great people from thier club/ Family
I am sure they will welcome you with open arms. The AMSA has a wide array of racers, and alot of them have moved on to race the Lawrenceburg Chevrolet Sprint car class. Once again congrats on your purchase, and wherever you choose to race, if and when you race at Lawrenceburg, stop me and introduce yourself and i'll show you around.
Good Luck and thanks for buying a racecar, Dave Rudisell

8/6/09, 10:58 PM   #5
slide22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher79 View Post
AMSA were always 1200's and MMSA are 1000's, correct?
Correct. Although all but 3-4 cars running with AMSA are 1000cc engines. Most of the 1200's left running are old engines that have less power than the new 1000cc's.

8/7/09, 8:09 PM   #6
Jrp4554

Dave,

Thanks for the welcome. I plan on running Saturday night at Lawrenceburg. Do you know what it costs to race. Are there memebership dues or anything? Do I have to join the AMSA to race? ANy help would be greatly appreciated. I'm having trouble on my end downloading the rules off the AMSA website.
Thanks

8/7/09, 8:39 PM   #7
slide22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrp4554 View Post
Dave,

Thanks for the welcome. I plan on running Saturday night at Lawrenceburg. Do you know what it costs to race. Are there memebership dues or anything? Do I have to join the AMSA to race? ANy help would be greatly appreciated. I'm having trouble on my end downloading the rules off the AMSA website.
Thanks
$85 membership fee, but you only need a membership if you want to run for points. If you are a member entry fee is $15, $20 for non members

8/8/09, 12:37 AM   #8
S&R58

Yes, but AMSA will not tell new members or vistiors has far away as New York not to come back based on pefomance or fininhes like the last MMSA winged warrior tour thru Indiana.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midwest Mini Sprints VS. AMSA