IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
a tall Short fan 36 (Offline)
  #1 5/10/09 10:21 PM
I am bored and just feel like sharing a couple things that bothered me last night at Tri-State... please don't take me too seriously......

- I feel the "no changing of a tire rule" at MSCS races after a race has started should be changed ...at least two drivers fell victim too this genius rule last night .... at least give them two laps of so!!!!!

- I feel that every time Thomas Jr (9k) spins out.. his team should buy everyone in attendance a beer.. no coolers would be needed then...lol...

- I also think anyone with the last name of Krockenberger should be forced to run with the modifieds.. nothing personal, but man... they aren't just bad, they're dangerous.... and so was the 25 Nigg???

-I would also like to propose no rain on Friday Saturday or Sunday.... I'm going out on a limb on that one, however
Motormasher (Offline)
  #2 5/10/09 10:37 PM
On the flat tire rule or any other problem that may occur on the 1st lap OR before the race even starts (like when Stanbrough got ripped off a few years back when his rear end shifter broke):

Why would anyone make a rule like that? Everybody works there a$$es off to get to the track and make the show, and then have something happen that needs repaired or CAN be repaired quickly, told they can't come bach onto the track and race?
#1Brad Kuhn Fan (Offline)
  #3 5/10/09 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by a tall Short fan 36:
I am bored and just feel like sharing a couple things that bothered me last night at Tri-State... please don't take me too seriously......

- I feel the "no changing of a tire rule" at MSCS races after a race has started should be changed ...at least two drivers fell victim too this genius rule last night .... at least give them two laps of so!!!!!

- I feel that every time Thomas Jr (9k) spins out.. his team should buy everyone in attendance a beer.. no coolers would be needed then...lol...

- I also think anyone with the last name of Krockenberger should be forced to run with the modifieds.. nothing personal, but man... they aren't just bad, they're dangerous.... and so was the 25 Nigg???

-I would also like to propose no rain on Friday Saturday or Sunday.... I'm going out on a limb on that one, however
they should get 2 laps. shurenberg was fast an it would have been jsut that much more exciting if he got back out there

kevin is just a young kid that is learning.i like watching him race.every time he gets on the track it seems like he improves a little bit

ill second the no rain. i hate rain.(on weekends,kinda nice during the week)
Fullthrottle410 (Offline)
  #4 5/10/09 10:44 PM
[QUOTE=a tall Short fan 36;102370]I am bored and just feel like sharing a couple things that bothered me last night at Tri-State... please don't take me too seriously......

-.... and so was the 25 Nigg???

[/QUOTE

Cut the guy some slack. I think that it was only his 3rd or 4th race in a 410 (moved up from mini-sprints). Saw him run at Bloomington eariler this year, seems to be improving.
terrehautian (Offline)
  #5 5/10/09 10:47 PM

Please explain....BTW, they are running brand new cars for this year.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #6 5/10/09 10:48 PM
Nobody asked me but. The MASS putting lappers back in line rule is its downfall

Lawrenceburg changing policy to allow work on cars if it doesn't pause the show ROCKS. Gullick from last to 8th after flat.

Does wheelpacking a cushion prevent flips???????????

Wasn't a beautiful evening last night?

Did anybody else get three hours or less of sleep between twelve hour shifts and six hours of racing ?

Did everybody have fun?
Chuck

Charles Nungester
Motormasher (Offline)
  #7 5/10/09 10:54 PM
[QUOTE=Fullthrottle410;102378]

-.... and so was the 25 Nigg???

[/QUOTE

Cut the guy some slack. I think that it was only his 3rd or 4th race in a 410 (moved up from mini-sprints). Saw him run at Bloomington eariler this year, seems to be improving.
Is this the guy that bought Kyle Cummins car from last year?
Fullthrottle410 (Offline)
  #8 5/10/09 10:59 PM
Don't know. I do not know the guy.
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #9 5/10/09 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Nobody asked me but. The MASS putting lappers back in line rule is its downfall

Lawrenceburg changing policy to allow work on cars if it doesn't pause the show ROCKS. Gullick from last to 8th after flat.

Does wheelpacking a cushion prevent flips???????????

Wasn't a beautiful evening last night?

Did anybody else get three hours or less of sleep between twelve hour shifts and six hours of racing ?

Did everybody have fun?
Chuck
Chuck,

Nobody asked me either, but here goes.

I think the working on car rules is difficult to enforce and that is probably why MSCS and SCORA have that no work rule in effect. I know fans get upset when they allow multiple teams to do it and it holds up the show. My biggest beef is when it takes forever to get the cars lined up after a yellow. One way radios have helped this issue somewhat I think.

I got some sleep but I certainly didn't have to work a 12 hour shift today.

If the cushion gets too tall you most definitely will have flips. Thats why they need to "mudpack".

I had a blast last night at the Burg and this evening at Kokomo. Glad to finally get to meet you Chuck and I suppose I will see you again. Don't worry, the Section A crowd is harmless.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #10 5/10/09 11:45 PM
After watching USAC drag out shows for tire changes, I like the no tire change deal.I feel that if it is EQUALLY applied, thats the break. Sometimes they go your way, sometimes they don't.

As for Adam Nigg, third or fourth time in a 410, he isn't doing bad at all. It is a steep learning curve and he is adapting.

Yes it was a beautiful weekend, finally. Tommy Helfrich and the boys do another fine job.