IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Ovalmeister (Offline)
  #1 2/22/09 9:32 PM
Due to sheer boredom on these long cold Minnesota days, I went to one of those freebie web-building sites (webs.com) and started my own. It's basically a collection of pictures of racing from the past.
I know there are a lot of people like me who like to look at past years racing stuff. So if you're bored check it out sometime. Maybe it will bring back memories.
Due to it being free they only give you so many megs of space. I have lots more photos than space so check back periodically as I will swap them out with new ones from time to time.
Right now there are 80's Indy car, 70's-80's sprint and midget stuff and some really old vintage stuff. I haven't had time to label all of the photos but it should be done by tomorrow.
It's a good way to kill some time anyway, until racing season begins. :thumb
David.

www.ovalmeister.webs.com
TQ29m (Online)
  #2 2/22/09 10:09 PM
David, interesting photo's. The first one, the old one, my first thought, was I have one just like it, then I decided nah, mines a Hilligass, and I still believe it is, all I've read on the Solar's, they were pretty much stainless, chassis and etc, even the wheels. The tail shape on yours, and mine are real close in shape. Glad you were able to find it, now the wait! Good luck! Bob
dirtywhiteboy
  #3 2/22/09 10:53 PM
Where or how can I get a copy of the Chuck Gurney "Sayin Hi" photo? That is funny.
tqracer65 (Offline)
  #4 2/22/09 11:16 PM
sweet site i like it, good to see the vintage pictures love those

Brad
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #5 2/22/09 11:54 PM
I love it! Thanks for taking the time to put this together to share with all of us.

Frank Daigh
Ovalmeister (Offline)
  #6 2/23/09 4:09 AM
Thanks guys, hope you enjoy it. Check back sometimes, I'll update the photos often, TONS more where those came from. I just scratched the surface.

TQ29m (Bob) .....
It was incredible to find it and yes, the wait is a killer!

Dirtywhiteboy .....
Check your pm's, I sent you two.
It's a funny shot but the Chuck Booth shot is even funnier. That guy was giving him the business! :O:

tqracer65 (Brad) .....
Glad you like it, I love the vintage stuff also. Those guys were the bravest of the brave.

dirtnonwingfan (Frank) .....
Glad you like it! Your welcome and keep checking back. I've maxxed out my meg limit so I'll add more next month. Kinda rotate them out and add new stuff then.

Thanks all!
David. :thumb

ps....they are all labeled now.
grinch (Offline)
  #7 2/23/09 7:35 AM
Nice work........ Loved seeing some drivers that i only read there names......they all were brave back then! congrats on a real nice site......:checkered:
Seadog (Offline)
  #8 2/23/09 9:26 AM
David, this is fantastic! I really love it!

What is really weird - Debbie and I got out some old pix just yesterday and I found a stack of about 150 or so photos form the early seventies to the mid eighties that I took and had forgotten about. Lots of the same cars and drivers that you have on there. Debbie found a few slides that she took at Gary's day at Winchester. Mine are not in the quantity or quality that yours are but great minds must think alike.:wink I don't have a scanner or I would share.

My favorite pic from my stack was from about 15 years ago. We were at a function (can't remember what it was) and Jack Hewitt was a guest. Debbie walked up to get an autograph or talk to him or something and Jack gave her a big ol' kiss! I got lucky and snapped the shot just at the right moment. The look on Debbie's face was priceless.

Again Ovalmeister, you have out done yourself my buddy.
interpreter66 (Offline)
  #9 2/23/09 9:50 AM
david thank's for sharing really cool
booth was a friendly guy:O:
TeamCGR (Offline)
  #10 2/23/09 10:21 AM
This is a great web site. The Vintage Photos really give you a feel for how brave those guys were back in the day and for how the sport has changed. This site is like a History Class for Open Wheel Racing. Well done. I look forward to coming back again...CGR.