IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
RacinJason (Offline)
  #1 1/27/09 3:09 PM
I know that a Sanders beadlock ring will fit on a Duralite sprint car wheel. Anyone know if a Sanders ring will fit a midget Duralite?

Jason
TQ29m (Online)
  #2 1/27/09 4:31 PM
Originally Posted by RacinJason:
I know that a Sanders beadlock ring will fit on a Duralite sprint car wheel. Anyone know if a Sanders ring will fit a midget Duralite?

Jason
Not an answer, exactly, but it has worked for me. Count the bolts, and if the bolt count is the same, you have a very good chance they will interchange, seems like there are for the most part , basically only 2 patterns, I've used the logic, and it's worked for me. Same goes for wheel halve's. Bob
Heromaker (Offline)
  #3 1/27/09 6:14 PM
My only worry is if I remember right Duralight used 5/16 bolts and Sanders uses 3/8 bolts. Thus the bead lock would be very loose.
Motormasher (Offline)
  #4 1/27/09 7:25 PM
I always take the duralites and redrill the holes, tapem and put 3/8 bolts in them. I love the duralite wheels.... just as good as any.
RacinJason (Offline)
  #5 1/27/09 11:24 PM
Thanks for the replies! I know the bolt counting thing doesn't work always. If the holes are out further that will change their center to center. Do Sanders really have 3/8" bolts??? That seems huge for a beadlock bolt. I just looked at a Weld and they are 5/16". They seem bigger than I remember my Duralites being. Are Duralites 1/4" then? Thanks again for the info.

Jason
sprintcar64 (Offline)
  #6 1/27/09 11:33 PM
Yes Sanders are 5/16" and Duralights are 1/4" bolts.
Heromaker (Offline)
  #7 1/27/09 11:38 PM
Sorry that is right
RacinJason (Offline)
  #8 1/28/09 4:24 PM
Thanks for the help.

Jason