IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > World Of Outlaws Non Wing 2022
12/12/21, 4:35 PM   #41
Re: World Of Outlaws Non Wing 2022
opnwhlmnd

Good for Landon.

Interesting the article writer uses the name dash vehicles instead of traditional or non-wing sprint cars.

INDIANAPOLIS – Landon Simon is the primary competitor to announce commitments to the newly fashioned Xtreme Outlaw Collection, releasing Saturday night he’ll run each dash automobile and midget excursions.

Landon Simon Racing, with help from East Mountain Transport, will marketing campaign the True North Hashish, Lucas Oil Merchandise No. 24 DRC full-time with Xtreme Outlaw Collection.

World Racing Group CEO Brian Carter introduced the creation of the collection Sunday afternoon on the Efficiency Racing Business present in Indianapolis.

“WRG leads the dirt-track racing world,” Simon began in a press release. “Their new involvement in conventional dash vehicles and midgets is very thrilling for my workforce and companions. Competing beneath the Outlaw banner is a dream come true for any racer.”

Simon, 32, earned the Powri Lucas Oil WAR Wild Card Dash Automobile championship in 2018. He has owned and operated Landon Simon Racing since 2014, competing in quite a lot of USAC, BOSS, MSCS, POWRi and numerous different collection’ races over time in dash vehicles and midgets.

The newly created collection will likely be guided by Casey Shuman, a veteran dash automobile and midget racer who continues to serve his fourth 12 months because the World of Outlaws Morton Buildings Late Mannequin Collection director.

“I’m dedicated to following this journey beneath the lead of Casey Shuman and WRG,” Simon mentioned. “I’m trying ahead to what the long run holds.”

Throughout the inaugural marketing campaign, a number of occasions for each collection will help preexisting World of Outlaws NOS Vitality Drink Dash Automobile Collection or World of Outlaws Late Mannequin occasions.

Each collection will function a 10-15 race schedule with a mixed level fund approaching $100,000 obtainable in 12 months one.

The Xtreme Outlaw Dash Vehicles will debut at Volusia Speedway Park Feb. 14-15, in Barberville, Fla.

he non-wing drivers will compete in a $5,000-to-win present on Monday and race for $10,000-to-win on Tuesday night time.

A whole Xtreme Outlaw Collection schedule will likely be launched at a later date.

12/12/21, 4:44 PM   #42
opnwhlmnd

I-55 Ironman will be much more exciting now. Two more divisions to help out the person who gets the largest chunk of the purse ... the Hoosier tire dealer.

Calling it now Tyler Courtney jumps in a non-wing and dominates Volusia. If he doesn't do it Volusia is a Justin Grant type of track if USAC allows drivers to crossover.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
12/12/21, 4:44 PM   #43
Rhody

Race Count This Year: 9

That looks like Google translation of a Google translation.

12/12/21, 4:47 PM   #44
Rhody

Race Count This Year: 9

https://www.speedsport.com/sprints-m...outlaw-series/
This may be a bit more readable.

1 member likes this post: dirtnonwingfan
12/12/21, 4:50 PM   #45
opnwhlmnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
Yeah after I posted it I realized it was stolen from Speed Sport News. Sorry to them for not checking first.

12/12/21, 6:47 PM   #46
BrentTFunk

I believe this is all about DirtVision. Subscriptions have leveled off. They are attracting plenty of wing people, but without a doubt Flo and MAV have way more marquee events for late models. To grow they need a new product to draw people they don't have. That is all this is about.

12/13/21, 1:41 PM   #47
captrat

Have been following this development and will admit to some trepidation. We already suffer from the idea that more is better which often dilutes fields, spectators, etc. Another sanctioning body for top of the line non-wing will only exacerbate the problem of too many governing bodies and tracks going after the same participants and fans. Reading between the lines this, as others have stated, probably has much to do with streaming services, and at least some dissatisfaction with USAC. I have never known any sport to do better with competing leagues. Can you say USA/WoO, AFL/NFL, various attempts at competing with NHL, USAC/CART/IRL, NASCAR gobbling up everything in sight, etc. The eventual outcome is one group, usually the one with the most resources, devours or at least absorbs the dying remains of the others. I hope for the best, but am not sure it bodes well for the stability of non-wing racing.

1 member likes this post: jdull99
12/13/21, 1:53 PM   #48
dsc1600

It's funny to me that there are so many posts about the state of non-winged sprint cars and how it should but isn't able to compete with winged cars in terms of attention, purses, etc.. Now you have the organization that helped create that divide now investing in the sport and everyone is "afraid".

There isn't room for 2 national tours but this won't be a true full time league. It's 10-15 races. If it's a precursor to the WoO taking over USAC, so be it, but it's not what this is for 2022. This is an organization with deep resources and good marketing investing in a form of racing that alot of people love, but can't seem to grow.

Enjoy it for what it is, which is the biggest thing to happen to this form of racing in many years.

5 members like this post: billw, KSchudi, motorhead748, PIT CART, progressive22
12/13/21, 1:59 PM   #49
duel

Why don't they just run some sprint car shows (nw) as part of their national championship? Woo that is. As for dirt vision, they are way overpriced compared to Flo and mavtv. Truly blessed that flo is so inexpensive for all they cover. I hope napcar doesn't ruin flo as they did to arca.
Last edited by duel; 12/13/21 at 9:54 PM. Reason: ?

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, erich45, jonboat15, luckybuc97, oppweld
12/13/21, 8:23 PM   #50
kinser

So 2 days after the announcement and still no statement from USAC ???

2 members like this post: bighd0522, svfd830
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > World Of Outlaws Non Wing 2022