IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > World Of Outlaws Non Wing 2022
12/16/21, 6:46 PM   #91
Re: World Of Outlaws Non Wing 2022
spankytoo

Race Count This Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1911 View Post
The hardest thing to change in an organization is its culture, and the Indiana culture seems to be a majority of owners who don't want to travel very far or very often. That is just my casual observation, not sure if it is accurate. Does that same group control the USAC board of directors?
Another question, how does California sprint racing compare to Indiana?
Indiana teams don't travel because in order to pay for what they love doing they have to have a day job.

12/16/21, 8:28 PM   #92
Rhody

Race Count This Year: 9

The guys kicking everyone's asses aren't paying the bills with days jobs. Also, if the pro teams go race for pro money, it will let guys with day jobs win the local shows.

12/16/21, 10:06 PM   #93
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Before we get are nuts in a bunch with all the back and forth; let's all wait and see what the schedules look like for the inaugural season for these two new series. Then we will all know and have an idea how it might play out. Making early assumptions and all the whoopla over a press release. As far as I'm concerned with this action will speak louder than a bunch of words in an article. How ever I do think this might have a chance to get USAC to step up on race payouts. Be caful on that though. You don't want payouts so high a track won't or can't afford to schedule them.

I see three drivers have already committed to the Xtreme Outlaw Sprint Series
Landon Simon
Jason McDougle
Chase Stockton

Haven't heard if anyone has committed to the Xtreme Outlaw Midget Series yet. Guess will all have to wait till after the schedules come out to see who all actually committs to both tours.

Still interested to see what tracks will be on both schedules for their inaugural seasons. We can all sit here and speculate but time will tell.

Right now I'm more interested to see what drivers and teams like Clauson-Marshall Racing, TOPP Performance Motorsports & others think about it all.

Just my thoughts.
Last edited by nathans1012; 12/16/21 at 10:15 PM.

3 members like this post: erich45, oppweld, WinglessLovers
12/16/21, 10:53 PM   #94
duel

Penske needs to buy USAC and put all this to rest.

3 members like this post: mc/rider, Sprints fan 11, tamati
12/16/21, 11:05 PM   #95
ISF

The most disappointing aspect for us Illini wingless 410 sprint car fans regarding this whole deal for 2022 is the odds of the WRG/WoO's scheduling a wingless 410 sprint event within the borders of Illinois are on par with USAC scheduling in Illinois. Which is to say the odds are zero.

Disappointed or not we Illini wingless 410 fans sincerely hope that in the long run this all works out well for everyone involved, be it USAC, POWRi and WRG/WoO's.

12/17/21, 7:45 AM   #96
kdobson

Quote:
The most disappointing aspect for us Illini wingless 410 sprint car fans regarding this whole deal for 2022 is the odds of the WRG/WoO's scheduling a wingless 410 sprint event within the borders of Illinois are on par with USAC scheduling in Illinois. Which is to say the odds are zero.
I'd keep my money in my pocket on that bet ISF. I have it on pretty good authority that you might want to raise your odds from zero to about 90 at the moment. I'll keep hustling for you.

12/18/21, 10:21 AM   #97
DJlives

How could one "buy" USAC it is (a) a club (b) a registered non-profit organization

12/18/21, 12:41 PM   #98
kdobson

My guess is that you could pay to license the exclusive use of the name and then have an operating agreement for a certain duration. I think this is kind of what Liberty Media does with the F1 brand on a 100 year or so commercial license from FIA in some convoluted way that is way above my pay grade.

12/18/21, 12:51 PM   #99
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJlives View Post
How could one "buy" USAC it is (a) a club (b) a registered non-profit organization
Buy, put out of business, whatever.

Head to Head for the Top Org. has been tried before. USA and NST took on the WoO and what happened was all the major tracks and events stayed WoO and all of the USA and NST TEAMS ran the major events anyway. Despite the other shows paying the same or more thru the pack than WoO.

The LMS have two national series and yet they now have two ten-fifteen race big money series as well. One is 22k to win every start.

I could see this working like that. Where USAC ,Powri War, MSCS and some normally wing racers could run for higher than normal $$.

Talked with a USAC team owner and he said. If my driver can go to FL and race a couple extra nights in only a couple extra days, More power too him. But he's committed to the USAC trail.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 12/18/21 at 12:52 PM.

1 member likes this post: oppweld
12/18/21, 1:08 PM   #100
opnwhlmnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
The most disappointing aspect for us Illini wingless 410 sprint car fans regarding this whole deal for 2022 is the odds of the WRG/WoO's scheduling a wingless 410 sprint event within the borders of Illinois are on par with USAC scheduling in Illinois. Which is to say the odds are zero
Odds are very high it will be more than one race in Illinois at two different tracks as of now.

3 members like this post: ISF, racenut69, sw1911
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > World Of Outlaws Non Wing 2022