IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > California small engine ban
10/15/21, 10:21 AM   #31
Re: California small engine ban
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Im not saying climate change isn't happening. Im saying it's always happening. The Klondike was a tropical swampland at one point. the Grand Canyon has been under ocean eleven times. There isn't very many countries in the world that have cleaned up their act like the USA. So we are supposed to bend over backwards, Pay more for everything. Create electrical shortages and outages while China and India pollute unchecked. OK. where's my cliff, I'll jump.

10/15/21, 11:14 AM   #32
Joe Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpfldMile View Post
https://www.engadget.com/california-...161255175.html

This can’t be good for racing. Generators in the pits, or four wheelers to push cars. Any of our California friends care to chime in? I hope it’s not as bad as it sounds.
One good thing is now that California is taking themselves out of the small engine market, we can go back to traditional chainsaws, manual chokes on lawn mowers and no need for DPF, DOC and DEF on our compact tractors. California mandated a lot of this crap. Being they are the largest consumer market in the country, the OEM's didn't want to build California only models. The OEM's instead pushed that stuff onto all of us (remember the gas can fiasco) and we had to take it. Now we should be free from it all.

4 members like this post: chrismattlin, jdull99, skids59, sw1911
10/15/21, 11:15 AM   #33
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
What you call 'anecdotal evidence' I refer to as life experience and personal observation.

Thanks for supporting my point, experience and observation are not based upon scientific principles unless they are conducted over a long period of time in a controlled manner.

10/15/21, 11:42 AM   #34
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
Thanks for supporting my point, experience and observation are not based upon scientific principles unless they are conducted over a long period of time in a controlled manner.
Yup, no need for anybody to think for themselves anymore. That's the government's job, right captrap?
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

1 member likes this post: chrismattlin
10/15/21, 11:47 AM   #35
sw1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
This isn't a little bit of daily melting. Glaciers that have existed for centuries are DISAPPEARING
The earth is typically either slowly warming or slowly cooling. A friend reminds me in the large scope of things we are in a small warming period between two ice ages.

10/15/21, 11:50 AM   #36
jdull99

https://www.manilatimes.net/2021/09/...inking/1813437
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

1 member likes this post: chrismattlin
10/15/21, 2:51 PM   #37
captrat

Quote:
Yup, no need for anybody to think for themselves anymore. That's the government's job, right captrap?

Think you just turned logic and reason on its head.

10/15/21, 3:15 PM   #38
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
Think you just turned logic and reason on its head.
Ever hear of sarcasm? Tell you what: You feel free to continue consulting countless government experts, conducting exhaustive research, and examining piles of empirical data and I'll continue living by what has worked so well for me and my family and friends.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

10/15/21, 8:22 PM   #39
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboat15 View Post
Good luck arguing with that guy, he always has to get the last word in.
Ding Ding Ding!!!! This is the quote of the millennium. Could not be more spot on. He actually whined a year or so ago about not liking to be challenged on his points and was gonna quit posting. I guess the high of always getting the last word in is too much for him. Thx for for the laugh jonboat.

10/16/21, 9:50 AM   #40
captrat

Quote:
Ever hear of sarcasm? Tell you what: You feel free to continue consulting countless government experts, conducting exhaustive research, and examining piles of empirical data and I'll continue living by what has worked so well for me and my family and friends.
Will do, like to base opinions and decisions based on objective evidence as opposed to emotion and heresay.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > California small engine ban