IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kenny Schrader to Answer the Bell at Gas City Friday
5/13/21, 9:42 PM   #1
Kenny Schrader to Answer the Bell at Gas City Friday
LindaKMansfield

Guess who will be answering announcer Rob Goodman’s bell this Friday night at Gas City I-69 Speedway?

None other than motorsports legend Kenny Schrader! Yes, although he’s raced just about everywhere else in the United States, this Friday night, May 14, will be Schrader’s first start at the famous quarter-mile dirt track in Gas City, Ind., where he plans to enter the modified competition.

Non-wing sprint cars of the Buckeye Outlaw Sprint Series (BOSS) will take center stage. A big turnout is expected, and each of those drivers will be doing his or her best to win the top prize of $2,000. Will Thomas Meseraull be there and smoke the field like he did last Friday night at the season opener? You’ll have to come to find out!

The popular street stocks and hornets will round out the four-division card, and the weather is supposed to be better than it was last Friday night!

The pit gate opens at 3 p.m.
General admission gates open at 5 p.m.
Hot laps are at 6:30 p.m.
Racing starts at 7:30 p.m.

Adult general admission is $20.
Kids 12 and under are FREE!
A pit pass costs $30.

BE THERE!

Gas City I-69 Speedway is located on State Road 22, approximately a half-mile west of I-69, exit 259. The quarter-mile dirt oval is about halfway between Indianapolis and Fort Wayne, and attracts drivers and fans from all over the Midwest.

The complete schedule for 2021 and more information is on the track’s website at GasCityI69Speedway.com. Fans and competitors can also follow it on Twitter: @GasCitySpeedway; Instagram: @GasCitySpeedway and Facebook: GasCitySpeedwayOnTheGas.
Attached Images
E1MmdiRX0AYWVff.jpg (155.7 KB, 14 views)

4 members like this post: 95KART, Ken Bonnema, sprinter14, tirespinner
5/13/21, 10:41 PM   #2
flagboy55

Quick question about Gas City. We went there last year for the wonderful double double. I’ve been there a couple times many years ago but always in the pits. Last year was the first time I’ve ever sat in the main grandstand. Four of us total, my son who’s in his 30’s and two of my best buds from high school. They loved the track but my high school chums vowed to never go back unless something is done with the bleachers. We’re old. I too was bothered with it but not enough to keep me from going back. Is there ever going to be any resolution to this issue? I’ve often heard this before but never understood it till last September

3 members like this post: dkdorkboy, jim goerge, oppweld
5/14/21, 12:37 PM   #3
Re: Kenny Schrader to Answer the Bell at Gas City Friday
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Quick question about Gas City. We went there last year for the wonderful double double. I’ve been there a couple times many years ago but always in the pits. Last year was the first time I’ve ever sat in the main grandstand. Four of us total, my son who’s in his 30’s and two of my best buds from high school. They loved the track but my high school chums vowed to never go back unless something is done with the bleachers. We’re old. I too was bothered with it but not enough to keep me from going back. Is there ever going to be any resolution to this issue? I’ve often heard this before but never understood it till last September
Don't like em myself BUT:

We should be glad Gappens stepped up, With Waynesfield going part time event only and Montpillier going with only local fendered shows. GAS City is the last bastion of NW racing in the NE IN, NW OH area. Even Kokomo isn't running weekly.

As for the stands, I've heard everything from It's not cost effective to they bought a whole new grandstand and were denied zoning. It is what it is, Go enjoy it while you can.

5/14/21, 3:22 PM   #4
dkdorkboy

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 52

IMO ,the worst bleachers in auto racing anywhere.

2 members like this post: Eatin Dirt, reeserx
5/14/21, 4:36 PM   #5
Stevensville Mike

Ahhh..... my friend..... you are going about it all wrong. You look for a good looking lady and then sit a row, or so behind her.

This isn't rocket science.

You all have a good time. I'll be at work this weekend.

5/14/21, 4:46 PM   #6
BrentTFunk

I agree they are not comfortable, but the sightlines are great. They are steep so you feel right on top of the action. I don't usually sit for long periods of time at any track. I don't mind giving up comfort for a good view.

5/14/21, 5:42 PM   #7
TQ29m

Let's just say that they are"unconventional", I too have only sat down maybe a couple of times, rest of the time I spent with a steering wheel in my hands, or in the pits trying to repair a damaged race car, but they are what they are, and standing up is not the same.
Last edited by TQ29m; 5/14/21 at 5:44 PM.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jim goerge
5/14/21, 7:24 PM   #8
Greatful Ted

shity stands

5/14/21, 8:43 PM   #9
Adolph

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 27,27,40,28,69

Boss $2,000 to win 44 sprint cars:
Heat 1: KTJ, Grant, Ketchum, Mosley
Heat2 Cody White
Heat3 Bacon, Westfall
Heat4 Haslett, Max Adams
Heat5 Cottle, T-Mez
Modifieds:
Heat1 Schrader
Heat2 #9 Livonia, MI, Bishop
B1 Anthony D'Alessio
B2 Tyler Kendall

Final; Bacon Cottle Grant TMez Westfall
Last edited by Adolph; 5/15/21 at 1:00 AM.

5/14/21, 9:47 PM   #10
badcoupe

Yes the stands aren’t great. We pulled a gel saddle pad out last time we were there to sit on and it made it much more comfy and a couple of us could sit on one.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kenny Schrader to Answer the Bell at Gas City Friday