IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > first isw
7/29/19, 12:52 PM   #1
first isw
robm20

I can honestly say that the racing was really good
i was impressed with the crowds ( no rude posse type fans )
yes i am from pa and i know all about rude fans.
met my brothers there ....one from Kansas and one from North Carolina
the first nite in Terra Haute was cool .....my driver ( sunshine ) won
sitting under the roof on the front stretch wasn't my cup of tea.....i like sitting high in turn 4
the next night in Lincoln Park was great.... sitting high up you can see all the track and all the action.
the next night in Bloomington was another great race....was glad to see the local guys doing well against the "big guys"
glad that the guy that flipped into the back of the pick up truck was ok......truck really took a hit
the action on the quarter mile tracks was amazing .....there was action all over the track and late passes for the win
didn't get a track sticker there....none to be had ....the only track i didn't get one.....like to advertise where i have been.
The final night at Tri State was another great race their facility was top notch.... track prep was spot on.....lighting was great
the only place with a some what of a score board.....i like to see what lap they are on .
over all a great trip...great weather ....great racing....we are planning to hit the first week next year.
i think they need to raise the price of admission to 30 bucks so they can raise the purses up.
6000 to win isn't alot of money when your talking about the machines they race out there.
and i don't think 5 more bucks is going to drive those big crowds away......they are real race fans there
thanks to all the people we met .....had a great time.....see you next year

7/29/19, 1:18 PM   #2
Re: first isw
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm20 View Post
sitting under the roof on the front stretch wasn't my cup of tea.....i like sitting high in turn 4
the next night in Lincoln Park was great.... sitting high up you can see all the track and all the action.
the next night in Bloomington was another great race....was glad to see the local guys doing well against the "big guys"
glad that the guy that flipped into the back of the pick up truck was ok......truck really took a hit
the action on the quarter mile tracks was amazing .....there was action all over the track and late passes for the win
didn't get a track sticker there....none to be had ....the only track i didn't get one.....like to advertise where i have been.
The final night at Tri State was another great race their facility was top notch.... track prep was spot on.....lighting was great
the only place with a some what of a score board.....i like to see what lap they are on .
over all a great trip...great weather ....great racing....we are planning to hit the first week next year.
i think they need to raise the price of admission to 30 bucks so they can raise the purses up.
6000 to win isn't alot of money when your talking about the machines they race out there.
and i don't think 5 more bucks is going to drive those big crowds away......they are real race fans there
"i think they need to raise the price of admission to 30 bucks so they can raise the purses up."
Agreed. Like you, its a long drive for me, & after gas & motel $, $5 ain't gonna kill me. I don't know about casual local fans. I've been to a few ISW events, but never the whole thing... one of these days....

2 members like this post: PIT CART, tirespinner
7/29/19, 1:29 PM   #3
Re: first isw
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm20 View Post
"yes i am from pa and i know all about rude fans.".... a few years back some out of state visitor on Hoseheads said Pa. fans were "like a bunch of New Yorkers dropped in a trailer park" Couldn't stop laughing at that one, fits me to a T. I was born in NYC & have lived in trailer parks, tho not recently...
Actually i don't think they're so bad. I don't like them booing Schatz, but no big deal. I've never seen any fights (but i have at Sixer games) My first ever sprint car race was at tiny Clinton County Speedway in Pennsyltucky boondocks, & at the first gas station going Southeast (about 20 miles!) you could tell lots of cars were coming from the track cause they were covered with red clay dust. I commented to some guy that I wished the fans were more animated. He told me i should go to see Outlaws vs. Posse at Williams Grove. So i did... you know the rest

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > first isw