The Old Coyote (Offline)
  #1 5/4/19 11:34 PM
Anyone else notice the canned applause?

Real Race Cars Don't Have Fenders!
Ed
2 Likes: Chief Wahoo, tirespinner
racefan20 (Offline)
  #2 5/5/19 12:00 AM
Thats from the track not flo. Its normal there.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
ISF (Offline)
  #3 5/5/19 11:02 AM
The broadcast from Ventura was flawless for us from start to finish. The only criticism we had was once again the broadcast starting time posted was bogus. They really need to get that figured out and corrected.

What an A-main it was!! Troy Rutherford is a regular at Ventura and it showed. It was kinda' neat to see a 360 win against all those 410's. Given the quality and excitement of that show last night it's a wonder USAC/CRA doesn't schedule Ventura more often.

The canned applause is a Jim Naylor/Ventura trade mark. I remember when Naylor broadcast the action from Ventura free on the internet, which was 7 or 8 years ago, we never missed watching. The applause was part of the show even back then, so was Naylor's announcing style which can be very annoying at times!!

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.
racefan20 (Offline)
  #4 5/5/19 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by ISF:
so was Naylor's announcing style which can be very annoying at times!!
That is an understatement

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
yeleyfan76 (Offline)
  #5 5/5/19 11:12 AM
The quality of the video seemed to be much better than what we have been getting for the National sprints as well. Really love the racing at Ventura. Been lucky to see it 10 times over the years. Would really like to see a National sprint car race there. Maybe a speedweek with races at Santa Maria, Ventura, Bako, then finish at Perris. What a week that could be. With all of the rain here in the east it was nice to see some racing last nite. Well done Flo.
Slider20 (Offline)
  #6 5/5/19 12:04 PM
You guys should start writing yelp reviews if you are gonna post an evaluation of every Floracing broadcast on here. Lmao
yeleyfan76 (Offline)
  #7 5/5/19 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by Slider20:
You guys should start writing yelp reviews if you are gonna post an evaluation of every Floracing broadcast on here. Lmao
I don’t remember people needing to write about it when speedshift handled it. USAC gets involved partners with this other group and people start having trouble. Coincidence?
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #8 5/5/19 12:56 PM
I just wish they wouldn’t go to stagnant shot of the pits when they are in process of cleaning up a wreck. I’d rather see what’s going on, but yes very good coverage and race.

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman