IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Non Wing Sprints Returning to Winchester
3/6/19, 3:41 PM   #1
Non Wing Sprints Returning to Winchester
photoman

https://speedsport.com/sprints-midge...k-winchester/:

3/6/19, 3:57 PM   #2
Re: Non Wing Sprints Returning to Winchester
tamati

this is great news, marked on my calender.

3/6/19, 4:24 PM   #3
dirt330

Same date as the darland memorial at Kokomo Speedway

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jim goerge
3/6/19, 4:44 PM   #4
addictedtodirt

Simple solution. Afternoon at Winchester. Summer night at Kokomo. Win win for everyone.
Did this double in the late summer of 2010 and am ready to do it again. Kokomo is full of diehards. No need to make fans choose.
Accommodate our need of a racing fix! Please.

3/6/19, 7:54 PM   #5
BrentTFunk

Even though Kokomo starts early on Sunday nights, Winchester has traditionally ran a quick program with sprints first. Looks like a good day of racing.

3/6/19, 9:34 PM   #6
fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtodirt View Post
Simple solution. Afternoon at Winchester. Summer night at Kokomo. Win win for everyone.
Did this double in the late summer of 2010 and am ready to do it again. Kokomo is full of diehards. No need to make fans choose.
Accommodate our need of a racing fix! Please.
Did the same thing: May 23, 2010.
It's possible to see sprint cars on the world's baddest half mile pavement track and turn around and see them on the world's baddest quarter mile bullring all in the same day.

3/7/19, 7:59 AM   #7
jim goerge

Where does everbody think these pavement cars are going to come from? As I stated before a lot of owners stuggle with just running dirt and now they need a pavement car too. I remember series saying they will only run dirt cars on the pavement and before you know it someone shows up with a pavement ONLY car and blows everybody away, next thing there are more pavement cars showing up and less dirt cars and suddenly we have less cars at any track cuz guys going broke. I hope it don"t happen but I think it will so sorry I" not thrilled

3/7/19, 9:37 AM   #8
addictedtodirt

You don't have to be thrilled, but many of us are. Anderson has had good success with their Thursday night programs. Those cars will surely be at Winchester. That weekend in June is shaping up nicely.

3/7/19, 10:25 AM   #9
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

Tony already has this place running good ! !

2 members like this post: jdull99, Puppy
3/7/19, 10:54 AM   #10
Vookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
Where does everbody think these pavement cars are going to come from? As I stated before a lot of owners stuggle with just running dirt and now they need a pavement car too. I remember series saying they will only run dirt cars on the pavement and before you know it someone shows up with a pavement ONLY car and blows everybody away, next thing there are more pavement cars showing up and less dirt cars and suddenly we have less cars at any track cuz guys going broke. I hope it don"t happen but I think it will so sorry I" not thrilled
AVSS is a pavement series.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Non Wing Sprints Returning to Winchester