IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jacksonville Speedway Outlaws/POWRi Friday
10/9/18, 9:14 PM   #1
Jacksonville Speedway Outlaws/POWRi Friday
kdobson

This Friday Night at Jacksonville Speedway we have a pretty decent show lined up.

World of Outlaw Sprint Cars and POWRi Midgets. That's it. Just the greatest winged sprint car drivers in the world, and some A-list midgets on one of the most exciting midget tracks in the Country.

People get confused about the ticketing for this event and in prior years it seems like they are afraid to come for fear of not getting a ticket. Every year we have enough tickets left of race day to seat most all of our race day show-ups in the grandstand. But just to be sure - if you just text or call me at 217-371-3653 I'll hold it for you to pay for on race day.

Or you can go to the pits and use our new East-side bleachers. You don't even need me to hold you a ticket for that option. Just show up.

No doubt it's not the cheapest race you'll ever attend. A 1,500ish seat venue is going to be a little more per head to pay the freight on this one - so it's $50 per ticket - whether you want to be in the main grandstands or be in the pits. That's the same price it was in 2014 when it just paid $6,000 instead of 10,000 like Friday. We've done this one 2 times before and it's always proven to be more than worth the price.

And yes, you'll need to bring a jacket. But a jacket or hoodie should do. Very little wind on tap, and when you get the grandstand pretty full it'll seem just fine. If you want to know what cold is... just wait 60 more days. This isn't it. Thanks for your support of this show and allowing us to do it now for the third time bigger and better than ever.

Details available at jacksonvillespeedway.com or shoot me a text or call. I'll get you hooked up for a show I really shouldn't have to say much about. It'll be great.

10/10/18, 9:00 PM   #2
Re: Jacksonville Speedway Outlaws/POWRi Friday
kdobson

We are still planning to race Friday. We did get some decent rain today on top of the 2 inches we got Sunday - but Thursday's sun and wind should take care of getting that dried out. It's Fall - so shouldn't we expect it to feel like Fall? Join us Friday for our biggest event ever. $10,000 to win World of Outlaw Sprints along with Lucas Oil POWRi Midgets.

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, ISF, tirespinner
10/10/18, 9:28 PM   #3
dsc1600

Good luck with the race. I know you’ve had some bad luck with it this year. I hope it’s a success.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, i love dirt track racing, tirespinner
10/12/18, 10:10 AM   #4
Re: Jacksonville Speedway Outlaws/POWRi Friday
kdobson

All I can say is that Deb just started cooking a lot of meat for the VIP party. Another indication we aren't kidding. We are totally fine with today's temperatures. We've known that for a week now.

Last word from WoO this morning is that we are racing until/unless we can't. I'd say that bridge doesn't get crossed until noonish. Sorry we can't do better for those of you with a long drive. We will keep you updated, but this race remains ON as of 9:00am.

Times:
Pit Gates open at 3:30.
VIP Party opens at 4:00
Will Call opens at 3:45
Grandstands open at 4:30
Hot Laps 6:00
Racing at 7:00

10/12/18, 1:34 PM   #5
sprintcarjim

Canceled

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jacksonville Speedway Outlaws/POWRi Friday