IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
grader47 (Offline)
  #1 7/22/18 8:36 AM
Since USAC decided to not schedule Belleville in their 2018 schedule the Belleville High Banks is having a 2 day 305 sprint nationals Aug 3rd and 4th $2500 to win on Friday $7000 to win on Sat and $1000 to start on Sat so far over 60 entries from 14 different states more info on the website and facebook pages
4 Likes: ISF, Kansasdirtfan, ossuks, PIT CART
Kansasdirtfan (Offline)
  #2 7/22/18 9:20 PM
Winged sprints aren’t necessarily my favorite, but it’s been so long since I’ve seen the Highbanks infield full of race cars that I might just have to make the 2-hour drive, at least for one of the nights. URSS has been the support class the last few years on Saturday night at the Midget Nationals, and I have to say it wasn’t a bad show. I sincerely hope for the sake of the Belleville Highbanks and the community of Belleville, that the 305 Nationals proves to be a successful replacement for the Midget Nats.

Bob Nikkel
toprowjim (Offline)
  #3 7/22/18 9:31 PM
Originally Posted by Kansasdirtfan:
Winged sprints aren’t necessarily my favorite, but it’s been so long since I’ve seen the Highbanks infield full of race cars that I might just have to make the 2-hour drive, at least for one of the nights. URSS has been the support class the last few years on Saturday night at the Midget Nationals, and I have to say it wasn’t a bad show. I sincerely hope for the sake of the Belleville Highbanks and the community of Belleville, that the 305 Nationals proves to be a successful replacement for the Midget Nats.
Midgets are my favorite race cars, but I also love sprints. When WOO was @ Belleville they were pretty much follow the leader and they only ran in the middle of the racing surface. The 305's because of their lower powered engines run the same line as the midgets, up against the fence. A better race than WOO. Jim Bredenberg