IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Christopher Bell
10/21/17, 7:07 PM   #1
Christopher Bell
MIracing

Christopher Bell throws a slider much to the dismay of Erik Jones to pick up his first Nascar Xfinity win. I'm not a big Nascar fan but it is good to see a young man we watch on the dirt tracks doing well.

10/21/17, 10:07 PM   #2
flagboy55

Absolutely! Was great that Bell got his first win. Funny as heck to hear Jones whine about it. He said Christopher didn't clear him while he his gun squarely on the rear bumper.

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, dirtball, Jbaldwin, Kydehart
10/21/17, 10:09 PM   #3
flagboy55

Sorry for the messed up sentence. I meant to write "as he hit him squarely on the back bumper"

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
10/21/17, 11:49 PM   #4
Kydehart

Even coming from an asphalt late model background I feel that jones could see what bell was trying there. (Clearly outbrakong him to his left and not going to stick to the bottom). Erik Chose to stay high and hit Christopher instead of slowing down sooner and trying to drive under. I cracked up when he said bell wasn't clear and he hit him square in the back. Great job to young CBell

6 members like this post: buck2, dirtball, flagboy55, racenut69, ryan84, sprinter6p
10/22/17, 12:00 AM   #5
Re: Christopher Bell
beaner

I remember checking out a young Christopher Bell (ok..a real young Bell) in the Rick Ferkel famous O Sprinter at Attica one Friday night a few years back. Had seen his name as a young charger outside the Midwest area and could tell he would be a good one.
Seems to be a good pattern developing here with the Sprint-Midget driver's coming up and kicking some NASCAR butt!
Last edited by beaner; 10/22/17 at 12:00 AM. Reason: spelling

4 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, oppweld, racenut69, Wizard 05
10/22/17, 11:41 AM   #6
flagboy55

Beaner, the pattern has developed long ago. Sprints and midgets have developed arguably the best race drivers in history, nothing new. Foyt, Unser's, Smoke,Gordon, just to name a few

10/22/17, 12:50 PM   #7
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Beaner, the pattern has developed long ago. Sprints and midgets have developed arguably the best race drivers in history, nothing new. Foyt, Unser's, Smoke,Gordon, just to name a few
This is true, but at those times they weren't in full up sprints and midgets at age 14. In fact you were lucky to get anything before 18. Even Steve Kinser didn't start till his SR year and after wrestling.

2 members like this post: bobO, flagboy55
10/22/17, 12:59 PM   #8
Kydehart

I just hope that with the success of Bell and Larson it will shine some light back into the dirt open wheel ranks. Especially with them continuing to race sprint cars and midgets regularly.

6 members like this post: flagboy55, jim goerge, Just dirt, PIT CART, racenut69, Simon_says17
10/22/17, 1:25 PM   #9
Can26

I used to hope that the success of sprint drivers would shine through and cast a bright light on our sport. Not anymore! I don't want NASCAR fans to find out what we know and ruin our sport like they have their own.... Just saying.

10/22/17, 1:47 PM   #10
Backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
This is true, but at those times they weren't in full up sprints and midgets at age 14. In fact you were lucky to get anything before 18. Even Steve Kinser didn't start till his SR year and after wrestling.
A friend of mine whom currently restores grant king cars tells us the story about how when Kinser was in high school he used to hang out in his shop, sweep floors and such.
When Kinser told them he planned on making a living sprintcar driving they laughed and tried to get him thinking about a real job, lol.

4 members like this post: flagboy55, interpreter66, oppweld, Pat O'Connor Fan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Christopher Bell