IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > East Coast USAC 360s?
9/8/17, 12:50 PM   #1
East Coast USAC 360s?
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

I've read that Curt Michael is starting an East Coast USAC Sprint circuit. The plan seems to be equivalent to the USAC West Coast circuit, with 360 cu in engines. They plan to cooperate with URC and the 358 clubs.

That's all I've heard. Anyone else have more?

1 member likes this post: oppweld
9/8/17, 1:32 PM   #2
Re: East Coast USAC 360s?
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Here is what I picked up from FB post.

Thank you to everyone for the interest in the series. I Just wanted to fill everyone in on some USAC East Coast Sprint Car news and a quick glance at some of the rules.
-This will be a 360 ASCS/URC engine division like the USAC West Coast series is, but located where we are, the Central PA 358's, & smaller will be allowed to compete with the series also. I (Curt Michael) will be testing an alternative 360 engine program from Pace Performance soon to see if it would be a viable alternative engine option for the United Racing Club. I will make another post with information on that engine program soon. I'm hoping testing goes well and if it does, this package WILL be allowed to compete with the USAC East Coast Sprints.
-Tire rules for this series will be the same as the current USAC rules. Fronts & LR open (must be Hoosiers though) and the RR must be the Hoosier Medium. USAC informs me that racers are sometimes getting 3-4 races on a RR Medium tire.
-Cockpit adjustable shocks will not be allowed.
I personally will not be racing in this series. I'm not a very good wingless driver! I will continue to race with the United Racing Club and this series WILL NOT book races against the URC.
We have a lot of work to do to give the East some weekly kick ass wingless sprint car racing. As of today we have one 2018 race booked at Big Diamond Speedway. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions and feel free to call me, text me or email me anytime 3023441882 curtmichael@verizon.net
Thanks,
Curt

3 members like this post: motorhead748, oppweld, TNRustler
9/8/17, 1:34 PM   #3
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

There is a "USAC East Coast Sprint Cars" face book page.

1 member likes this post: oppweld
9/10/17, 7:55 PM   #4
wvwildthg

Why not try a open tire rule....have you noticed how many cars the BOSS series is pulling in nightly.....i don't believe they have had less then 30....and mostly on the upper side of 30.....

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
9/11/17, 7:45 AM   #5
staggerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvwildthg View Post
Why not try a open tire rule....have you noticed how many cars the BOSS series is pulling in nightly.....i don't believe they have had less then 30....and mostly on the upper side of 30.....
If USAC is involved no chance at an open tire rule as they like to put that Hoosier money in the bank!

2 members like this post: PAW, the visitor
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > East Coast USAC 360s?