IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Nate (Offline)
  #1 8/15/15 7:12 PM
Just a heads up for anyone whose not at Knoxville or watching/monitoring it by other means I will try to update where I can tonight. If I slack anyone else feel free to fill in. #AnybodyButSchatz LOL
5 Likes: Clydesdale, Eatin Dirt, Russ, SpfldMile, Wingman
Clydesdale (Offline)
  #2 8/15/15 7:28 PM
We're up here too.. Great atmosphere, great weather, and don't have to worry about a car count tonight! lol
oppweld (Offline)
  #3 8/15/15 8:00 PM
I'd rather drive 400 miles and watch 21 @ the burg then drive 2 hr's to watch 80 billboards parade around in the dust.
5 Likes: Charles Nungester, dctracy79, jim goerge, LB, robert gatten
Nate (Offline)
  #4 8/15/15 8:26 PM
Pre-race ceremonies going on right now. Shouldn't be too long before we get the party started. Knoxville is certainly different from the usual Kokomo or PVille but great fans/atmosphere and still cars on the track.

Finishing up a few rounds of hot laps for the first couple of races.
2 Likes: i love dirt track racing, illinifan
Nate (Offline)
  #5 8/15/15 9:02 PM
Someone was getting a ride in a two seater around the track and she lost the right rear. Anthem and what not then it's go time
Nate (Offline)
  #6 8/15/15 9:16 PM
E-Main time, Hunter % outside row 1. Taking 5 to the D. 10 laps

Car on its side, on the 2nd lap. Car was Polyak, she's done

Jimmy Light wins the E. Hunter % finished 2nd.
Nate (Offline)
  #7 8/15/15 9:44 PM
D-Main set to push. Brady Bacon starts P1, Sunshine is starting 5th. Hunter % mired back in 21st. Going 12 laps, 4 transfer.

Green flag

Caution for Hunter, looks like his evening is over.

Baughman wins over Bacon, Agan, Schilling. Those 4 transfer
Clydesdale (Offline)
  #8 8/15/15 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by oppweld:
I'd rather drive 400 miles and watch 21 @ the burg then drive 2 hr's to watch 80 billboards parade around in the dust.
I've been to a ton of non wing races this year and wing races. I like them both. But some of the best races I've seen this year were with the wings, at the Kings Royal and the Iron Man. I was at Bloomington last night and the nonwing heat races were terrible. Every winner of the heat came from the front row. Luckily the feature did turn out good last night
2 Likes: i love dirt track racing, TBONE
Nate (Offline)
  #9 8/15/15 10:08 PM
C Main notables, Kraig Kinser P1, King Kinser will start P6, PPM in 8th, Bacon towards the back. 4 transfer 15 laps

Balog wins over K Kinser, Reutzel and Hafertepe. The King was one spot short of a transfer
curbservice (Offline)
  #10 8/15/15 10:24 PM
You Sir should really open your mind because you have no idea what you are missing. There is no race or event, and make no mistake Knoxville is more than a race it is most definitely an event. The whole entire town embraces this race people open their homes for race fans and drivers to stay in. Going to Knoxville is truly an experience, and by the way I've been three times and can't remember the dust being bad at all.
11 Likes: Blitzman, Clydesdale, dkdorkboy, fish, i love dirt track racing, Kellen Conover, Nate, PIT CART, RadRacer, Russ, TBONE