IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Avon Open Wheel fan (Offline)
  #1 12/5/14 2:06 PM
Working with the promoter at DuQuoin for having a second Lightning Sprint and Micro 600 race in February. He has proposed to have it on either Saturday the 7th or 21st of February. It will be a mid afternoon practice with racing starting around late afternoon. There will not be any Karts so the show should move along faster.

Just needing some feed back on what dates works best for everyone.

Jay Tinder
Media and Competition Director
ILLINI Midgets

www.illinimidgets.com
Jim Gardner (Offline)
  #2 12/5/14 2:12 PM
Actually 7th may be better. Tune up before Florida perhaps.

Jim Gardner
Tom23 (Offline)
  #3 12/5/14 2:21 PM
Let's do both!
Airsys (Offline)
  #4 12/6/14 5:57 PM
What's is the entry fee and payout?
  #5 12/6/14 6:28 PM
He is working on the payout and entry fees. Once we come to a decision on when the race will take place and the flyers are made I will post all the information on here and the MMSA and other Lightning Sprint Facebook group pages.

Jay Tinder
ILLINI Midgets

www.illinimidgets.com
DAD (Offline)
  #6 12/6/14 8:29 PM
Jay

Whatever works>>>>> as long as we have enough lead time to wash off the car from the last race.

Honest Dad himself
DAD (Offline)
  #7 12/6/14 8:31 PM
Jay

Weather being what it is, in February. Puttting it on the 7th with a possible 21st as a bad weather day would be kinda of nice if Steve hasn't penned in something else already.

The last race was a lot of fun, finally meeting Bobby Layne was worth the price of admission for me. Hopefully being after the PowerI race they will have changed the track around a little and it will be a little more racy for us underpowered Midgets.

Have you all thought about having the Kenyons, Focus and Echo tec Midgets race with us also. They should be pretty compatible with us and help with the car count. Who knows with those cars included in the show we might even get Johnny "Hot Rod" Heidenreich and some of the Montpelier Sportsman Midgets (Focus>Echo-tec>and famous Montpelier Chain Gang come down and race also.

It would be a nice way of testing to see how the cars race together.

Looking forward to it.

Honest Dad himself
  #8 12/7/14 12:50 AM
Originally Posted by DAD:
Jay

Weather being what it is, in February. Puttting it on the 7th with a possible 21st as a bad weather day would be kinda of nice if Steve hasn't penned in something else already.

The last race was a lot of fun, finally meeting Bobby Layne was worth the price of admission for me. Hopefully being after the PowerI race they will have changed the track around a little and it will be a little more racy for us underpowered Midgets.

Have you all thought about having the Kenyons, Focus and Echo tec Midgets race with us also. They should be pretty compatible with us and help with the car count. Who knows with those cars included in the show we might even get Johnny "Hot Rod" Heidenreich and some of the Montpelier Sportsman Midgets (Focus>Echo-tec>and famous Montpelier Chain Gang come down and race also.

It would be a nice way of testing to see how the cars race together.

Looking forward to it.

Honest Dad himself
You must be reading our minds. Steve and I have already talked about adding the Sportsman Midgets like you have mentioned above. We will be allowing them to race along with Lightning Sprints at this upcoming race and hopefully this will help us build up a better car count.

Jay Tinder
ILLINI Midgets

www.illinimidgets.com
2 Likes: DAD, jjones752
DAD (Offline)
  #9 12/7/14 11:15 AM
Jay

From reading rules of other organizations It looks like the IMRA cars would fit right in with us, with just a few tweaks, like allowing the 1200 cc chain drive cars, and those guys are from Illinois.

Honest Dad himself
lightning01 (Offline)
  #10 12/7/14 1:15 PM
Depending on if my car is finished or not, I would love to come down and run if our midgets are allowed!