IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
ARCA91 (Offline)
  #1 2/13/14 9:09 AM
After NASCAR tried to clean up their image and do their best to eliminate the Start and Parkers by slashing the 37-43rd prize from a cool $71,000 down to a mere $48,002, we saw the huge 50+ entry lists shrink to a pitiful 43 each week. #95 Leavine Fenton Racing replaced fast, but very expensive Qualifier Scott Speed, with happy go lucky inexpensive drivers such as Scott Riggs, Reed Sorenson, and Blake Koch. The expensive new Gen 6 car also eliminated gung-ho owners such as Larry Gunselman and Kirk Shelmerdine. $18,300 is the exact cost of attempting a Sprint Cup race at the extreme minimum. According to Larry Gunselman, this includes the $3,000 non-refundable entry fee, tires at $1,800 per set, crew hotel, crew rental cars, food, and a $2,000 diesel bills for the hauler.

Tommy Baldwin even admitted to saving tire bills and running more of an extended Start and Park team where they run to exactly halfway inside a race, then claim a Vibration, using the code words 'Check the guages'. Both TBR cars ran an extended S&P in Martinsville in late 2012 and to exactly Lap 250 in the race.

With the new Gen 6 now being 'old' and teams recycling their old Gen 6 cars in place of high-tech, tricked out Gen 6 cars, we are beginning to see these S&P teams reappear. The MSRP #66 is now fielding a part time car for Jeff Burton using a MWR racecar. Morgan Sherphard and Dave Blaney have also thrown their hats into the ring. Joe Nemechek has renamed his team and merged with 5 different owners, #32 Fas Lane raced merged with the #79 of Go Green Racing, Swan Racing expanded to two cars with the help of rapper, 50 cent. Brian Keselowski's #92 even returns to collect some nice dollars.
3 Likes: EBookerFan, Jerry Spencer, team3521
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #2 2/13/14 9:26 AM
Wrong forum there little buddy. This is Indiana Open Wheel. You must be confused. Please check again where you are at.
12 Likes: agar, apexonephoto, DAD, dirt330, koolaid89, Pat O'Connor Fan, PAW, racefan20, scottyCbus, The Old Coyote, Tony74, Ty
DAD (Offline)
  #3 2/13/14 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by Rpracing1:
Wrong forum there little buddy. This is Indiana Open Wheel. You must be confused. Please check again where you are at.
RP

He are behind the preposition "at" didnt you lern nothin in skool?

Honest Dad himself
DAD (Offline)
  #4 2/13/14 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by ARCA91:
After NASCAR tried to clean up their image and do their best to eliminate the Start and Parkers by slashing the 37-43rd prize from a cool $71,000 down to a mere $48,002, we saw the huge 50+ entry lists shrink to a pitiful 43 each week. #95 Leavine Fenton Racing replaced fast, but very expensive Qualifier Scott Speed, with happy go lucky inexpensive drivers such as Scott Riggs, Reed Sorenson, and Blake Koch. The expensive new Gen 6 car also eliminated gung-ho owners such as Larry Gunselman and Kirk Shelmerdine. $18,300 is the exact cost of attempting a Sprint Cup race at the extreme minimum. According to Larry Gunselman, this includes the $3,000 non-refundable entry fee, tires at $1,800 per set, crew hotel, crew rental cars, food, and a $2,000 diesel bills for the hauler.

Tommy Baldwin even admitted to saving tire bills and running more of an extended Start and Park team where they run to exactly halfway inside a race, then claim a Vibration, using the code words 'Check the guages'. Both TBR cars ran an extended S&P in Martinsville in late 2012 and to exactly Lap 250 in the race.

With the new Gen 6 now being 'old' and teams recycling their old Gen 6 cars in place of high-tech, tricked out Gen 6 cars, we are beginning to see these S&P teams reappear. The MSRP #66 is now fielding a part time car for Jeff Burton using a MWR racecar. Morgan Sherphard and Dave Blaney have also thrown their hats into the ring. Joe Nemechek has renamed his team and merged with 5 different owners, #32 Fas Lane raced merged with the #79 of Go Green Racing, Swan Racing expanded to two cars with the help of rapper, 50 cent. Brian Keselowski's #92 even returns to collect some nice dollars.
ARCA

It never fails. As soon as an organization or for that matter a country make a rule or law to make things less expensive for its people the costs of whatever they was going to fix doubles. Makes the cost on them ARCA cars go up too when the used ones are refurbished and not sold off.

It is kinda of neat to see them NASCAR teams send their "Developmental" (under funded) Drivers down to ARCA with their high priced race cars and teams to take lessons from Frank Kimmel and still have him beat them regularly. Frank is also a Jurneyman Driver who found he could make a very good living just outside of the limelite of NASCAR.

Honest Dad himself
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #5 2/13/14 12:17 PM
WTH? The sports been so corrupted by $$$ in the last 20 years anyway its not even interesting, If someone's figured out a way *In particular former open wheel drivers* to put some of that $$$ in their pockets. So be it.

Protect the corporate sponsors and owners Guarantee 35 of the cars are in the race no matter how good they are now.

Protect a former big name. Give him a start and park income for the next 20 years after he *RETIRES*

Further Protect Corporate owners by allowing them four teams and affilliates

Further Protect corporate owners by making it imposible to run anything but their cars and motors to compete.

Toyota must have spent a fortune to get in and its the only AMERICAN made car on the track
Chrysler and Chevy went bankrupt trying among their other problems
NASCAR, PLHUEEZ!

Charles Nungester
3 Likes: DAD, interpreter66, team3521
TQ29m (Offline)
  #6 2/13/14 12:31 PM
If it wasn't for the start and parkers, they wouldn't have full fields, I'm sure behind the sceens there are some good offers being made for "fillers", and, several of them have made enough, and gotten enough exposure and sponsors, they now can afford to make a real attempt, and put more people on the payroll. This season should be interesting, with the new format, I still think the quickest 43 or whatever, should start, don't care who or what is behind you, you're fast enough, your race! Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
2 Likes: ARCA91, Xflagman
PJ Wright (Offline)
  #7 2/13/14 12:48 PM
Here's my opinion, the short version. NASCAR is very expensive, not that interesting and not at all fair. Moving on.....

You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.
10 Likes: Bill Angel, bowbuild, Charles Nungester, fish, interpreter66, Onlydirt, Pat O'Connor Fan, racephoto1, speed bump, tim kelley
DAD (Offline)
  #8 2/13/14 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by TQ29m:
If it wasn't for the start and parkers, they wouldn't have full fields, I'm sure behind the sceens there are some good offers being made for "fillers", and, several of them have made enough, and gotten enough exposure and sponsors, they now can afford to make a real attempt, and put more people on the payroll. This season should be interesting, with the new format, I still think the quickest 43 or whatever, should start, don't care who or what is behind you, you're fast enough, your race! Bob

I personally feel that the "WWF" does a much better job than "NASCAR" at scripting their shows. They seem to be so much more real and down to earth and have a much better story line. I like the way the story carries over into the next show on the "WWF". It's Too bad that "USAC" has not learned to write a decent script.

Honest Dad himself
ARCA91 (Offline)
  #9 2/13/14 2:27 PM
If you dont like my post, you dont have to read it, but thanks for helping my viewcount in the process!

It is rumoured that ESPN has a clause in their TV contract that mandates NASCAR provide a full 43 car field, where they would only get a percentage of the commericial money if it falls short. Typically when we see Brian Keselowski on an entry list, then he has been contacted to run some laps in practice, qualifying, and make something happen in a race.
Elegant Elliot Offen (Offline)
  #10 2/13/14 3:17 PM
sounds like a bunch of conmen. count me out