IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
zeromotorsports (Offline)
  #1 6/10/12 5:31 PM
Whats your brand of choice for electronic ignition?

Posted via Mobile Device
Tim Clauson (Offline)
  #2 6/10/12 6:06 PM
Originally Posted by zeromotorsports:
Whats your brand of choice for electronic ignition?

Posted via Mobile Device

Here is what we use and have had GREAT success with them. Tell Them we sent ya. They have taken really good care of us.

Tim

http://totalpower-racingbatteries.com/

W.W.B.K.D. ?
  #3 6/10/12 6:21 PM
Thanks Tim

Posted via Mobile Device
interpreter66 (Offline)
  #4 6/10/12 6:33 PM
or try braille battery
they run those in all the indy car's and have them for all types of racing
DAD (Offline)
  #5 6/11/12 8:30 AM
Shorai Battery:::: Lithium Ion--Little--Light--Long Shelf life and full of juice*

We use a 12 AH Shorai weighs 1 1/2 lbs, Powers starter, fuel pump, water pump, PCM, and Ignition. Our old 9AH lead acid battey weighed 10 lbs.

Honest Dad himself
  #6 6/11/12 3:54 PM
What size?

Posted via Mobile Device
TQ29m (Offline)
  #7 6/11/12 4:31 PM
You might want to ck out one of these, I've had good luck with them, and they have a 2yr replacement warranty, and I had to use it a couple of yrs ago, I had left the ign on?, killed the ign, and the battery came back, but not for long, but when I emailed them about it, all I had to do was send them a copy of my receipt, then take off the top of the old battery, about .060 thick panel, put it in an envelope, and send it back, and I had a new battery in a couple of days. The one I use is an MBTX16U, a 16ah 350cca AGM. Runs about $75.00 including shipping. The Company is MotoBatt, out of Florida, size is 5.85X3.23X5.51, and weighs about 7lbs. Course if you got the big bucks, you can go for the Lithium Ion, starting at about $225.00, and they recommend a $75.00 charger. I use mine for ignition, and instrument lights, and starter, and it's a total loss system, and I never have to charge it at the track. I buy mine off Ebay, they have the shipping included sometimes. Just another option. Bob!

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
spankytoo (Offline)
  #8 6/11/12 6:01 PM
Odyssey holds voltage for a long time. Deep cell do it can die and come back.

If you look in your mirror and see a line of cars behind you, be kind and pull over.
DAD (Offline)
  #9 6/11/12 6:26 PM
Originally Posted by zeromotorsports:
What size?

Posted via Mobile Device
Shorai LFX14L2-BS12 4.45 X 2.28 X3.5 1.6 LBS Try EBAY. I charge it with my trusty battery tender but they also have spl charger. to equilize cells.

Honest Dad himself
  #10 11/1/12 11:32 PM
any one use the ballistic battery?