IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
tamale wagon (Offline)
  #1 1/5/12 9:28 AM
In 1988 on my west coast trip I also went to Manzanita, I have names to almost all the cars I have pictures of but this one. The date was July 30th 1988. I can't seem to be able to find a name to go with the car. I know the owner was Joe Kasparoff. Your help with is greatly needed. Thanks.

wingless1 (Offline)
  #2 1/5/12 12:20 PM
Stan Atherton, maybe?
CRA91 (Offline)
  #3 1/5/12 2:06 PM
Eddie Wirth?

Terry James Jr.
tamale wagon (Offline)
  #4 1/5/12 3:10 PM
Stan drove the 3, Eddie was my guess.
wingless1 (Offline)
  #5 1/5/12 7:35 PM
McSpadden won the feature that night, Wirth was on a lengthy movie shoot from April till October (from what I can find out), so I'm not sure who it is.
Crankin (Offline)
  #6 1/5/12 7:46 PM
Duane Feduska?
CRA91 (Offline)
  #7 1/5/12 9:18 PM
Originally Posted by wingless1:
McSpadden won the feature that night, Wirth was on a lengthy movie shoot from April till October (from what I can find out), so I'm not sure who it is.
Me and my father took care of the car that Lealand was driving at that time and at the begining of the season and thru at least the end of May, Eddie was driving a team car to Lealand.He left driving for us shortly after we returned from the CRA midwest tour in May (don't remember why though). At that time Eddie wore a solid yellow Simpson helmet and if I remember correctly had a uniform that had the same colors as in the picture above.

Crankin, I know for sure that isn't Feduska.

---------- Post added at 5:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:54 PM ----------

I just found the program from that race and it is Eddie Wirth driving the 391 car,the photo must have been taken during the 2nd heat race as Eddie and Bob Meli in the 78 car started side by side on the front row of that heat race and finished 1st and 2nd with Meli winning.

Terry James Jr.
2 Likes: AustinSprinter, Brakeline
Jonr (Offline)
  #8 1/5/12 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by CRA91:
Me and my father took care of the car that Lealand was driving at that time and at the begining of the season and thru at least the end of May, Eddie was driving a team car to Lealand.He left driving for us shortly after we returned from the CRA midwest tour in May (don't remember why though). At that time Eddie wore a solid yellow Simpson helmet and if I remember correctly had a uniform that had the same colors as in the picture above.

Crankin, I know for sure that isn't Feduska.

---------- Post added at 5:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:54 PM ----------

I just found the program from that race and it is Eddie Wirth driving the 391 car,the photo must have been taken during the 2nd heat race as Eddie and Bob Meli in the 78 car started side by side on the front row of that heat race and finished 1st and 2nd with Meli winning.

WOW! You saved a program from a CRA race over 20 years ago, and was able to fine it. I am impressed.
tamale wagon (Offline)
  #9 1/5/12 10:32 PM
Yes Mcspadden ( driving the Frank Lewis #1) won the feature that night and Shuman ( 3 day bind car ) came in second, I have victory lane pictures I took that night.
CRA91 (Offline)
  #10 1/5/12 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by Jonr:
WOW! You saved a program from a CRA race over 20 years ago, and was able to fine it. I am impressed.
You might say I'm a organized person(lol)
I actually have every week of CRA programs from 1985 to 1990 when Ascot closed in a box along with other racing items,thought that when Ascot closed that maybe someday they might be collectable.

---------- Post added at 6:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:49 PM ----------

Originally Posted by tamale wagon:
Yes Mcspadden ( driving the Frank Lewis #1) won the feature that night and Shuman ( 3 day bind car ) came in second, I have victory lane pictures I took that night.
Me and my father are possibly in those photos.

Terry James Jr.