IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
curbservice (Offline)
  #1 4/14/11 8:18 PM
Does anybody remember the song that was writen about The King sometime back in the 80's?
somebodysmam (Offline)
  #2 4/14/11 9:11 PM
yes I have it but it is Indiana and I haven't got bak yet so check with me later if I forget.
hoosiers47404 (Offline)
  #3 4/14/11 9:16 PM
"he's the king of the outlaws, he's the leader of the pack. He's the first around when the checker comes down. Long live the king" I think the name of the song is "king of the outlaws" and it is by Tommy Siscoe.
Posted using Mobile Device
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #4 4/14/11 9:38 PM
Originally Posted by hoosiers47404:
"he's the king of the outlaws, he's the leader of the pack. He's the first around when the checker comes down. Long live the king" I think the name of the song is "king of the outlaws" and it is by Tommy Siscoe.
I would have to agree with you 47404,Tommy Sciscoe RIP sang this, @ the UJ back then,probably would have found Sam Cooper,RIP,Carl Gilliand RIP and "Cowboy" McDaniel at the same place on N. College Ave. Not that I was ever there.

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
hoosiers47404 (Offline)
  #5 4/14/11 10:09 PM
Yeah I loved that song when I was kid. I had the record. My stepdad played a lllittle music with Tommy back then.
axsom#11
  #6 4/15/11 8:18 AM
Dirtfan was that the Still or then it was Union Jack , many a night there
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #7 4/15/11 9:37 AM
Both!

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
jkmeyer
  #8 4/15/11 9:40 AM
His name is mentioned in a Beastie Boys song, and Alan Jackson song, and an Amy Grant song. .

Jim
RBL56 (Offline)
  #9 4/15/11 4:28 PM
Tommy Cisco was the singer and song writer.
ShaneMugavin57 (Offline)
  #10 4/15/11 7:59 PM
Originally Posted by jkmeyer:
His name is mentioned in a Beastie Boys song, and Alan Jackson song, and an Amy Grant song. .

Jim
Tommy's name or Kinsers name and what songs?