IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Steve Wendel (Offline)
  #1 1/26/11 4:20 PM
Maybe I missed this,who is promoting the Action Track this year?
terrehautian (Offline)
  #2 1/26/11 6:03 PM
The O'Conners are supposedly. Haven't heard anything that they got a new contract other then the USAC schedule.
2fast4u (Offline)
  #3 1/26/11 6:37 PM
usac is the promoter this year.
kcarm92 (Offline)
  #4 1/26/11 6:41 PM
local paper said oconners and sargent turned it down . also heard that usac was promoting also. time will tell
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #5 1/26/11 7:01 PM
If O'Conners and Sargeant turned it down it's too bad. The last couple times Reese O'Conner prepared the track the show was just incredible. The surface was perfect.
3 Likes: billwill, dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #6 1/26/11 7:24 PM
Originally Posted by racephoto1:
If O'Conners and Sargeant turned it down it's too bad. The last couple times Reese O'Conner prepared the track the show was just incredible. The surface was perfect.
I agree. Both of those guys are pretty busy already.
terrehautian (Offline)
  #7 1/26/11 7:32 PM
Originally Posted by kcarm92:
local paper said oconners and sargent turned it down . also heard that usac was promoting also. time will tell
First I heard of this, interesting....wondering if it was because of the rumored rent hike on both dirt and dragway by the fair board.

Who is doing track prep for USAC then? Do they? Are they good at it?

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

Also, someone should tell Joe Spiker, he was interested in promoting it if someone didn't when I was talking to him last year.
Steve Wendel (Offline)
  #8 1/27/11 11:40 AM
Thanks,I hope they can make this work! My thanks go out to Mike Kings group for keeping racing alive at the Action Track for as long as they did!
terrehautian (Offline)
  #9 1/27/11 6:32 PM
Originally Posted by Steve Wendel:
Thanks,I hope they can make this work! My thanks go out to Mike Kings group for keeping racing alive at the Action Track for as long as they did!
x2, also thanks to the O'Conners for bringing the track backt o what it should be....wish they would have done it this year.

With any hope, maybe next year, Spiker Promotions can get it and make it even better. They do a really good job at LPS.

I personally want to thank Mike King and all for letting me get involved for the few years I volunteered out there.
Wallsracing (Offline)
  #10 1/27/11 10:58 PM
Terre haute shopping center will be there soon
Posted via Mobile Device