IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Hamby812 (Offline)
  #1 11/14/09 3:38 AM
Dont know if anyone has heard this or if its been posted yet cause I havent been on here in quite awhile, but I was just told tonite(by someone who works at the track) that next years Hut Hundred will be held at Tri State Speedway. They supposedly have one more meeting scheduled for january, but from what I hear it looks like thats whats gonna happen. Still gonna be a 100 lapper and still starting the same amount of cars. I was told that it was being pushed to become a co-sanctioned show with Powri. I am not positive this is just what im told. I know it wont be the same as it was a terre haute, but then again no one has an excuse not to come. Its not a 1/2 mile so therefore its not as hard on equipment and the track is ran and managed much better than terre haute not to mention the surface is a 100 times better. Dont hold your breath on this I just ran into an old buddy that works at the track tonite and he filed me in on this. I'm all for it, terre haute and their promoters(or lack there of) messed this up, so dont take it out on Tommy and TSS if this does go through. I think it would work out great and be a great show at that track!!!
Barney (Offline)
  #2 11/14/09 7:32 AM
If it happens I know where we will be.
Dyno Don (Offline)
  #3 11/14/09 8:30 AM
It would really be neat if they could have a 2 night show. Sprints one night and Midgets on another.

It is hard for me to convince myself to drive from Indy for a Midget race, even if it is the Hut 100.
BIGEBUDMAN
  #4 11/14/09 9:36 AM
Originally Posted by Barney:
If it happens I know where we will be.
Ill be right there with you, drinking cold Buds.
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #5 11/14/09 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by BIGEBUDMAN:
Ill be right there with you, drinking cold Buds.
Save me a seat!
sprint28 (Offline)
  #6 11/14/09 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by Rpracing1:
Save me a seat!
I think that is an terrible idea! I luv TSS but the hut hundred should be midgets 3 wide 11 deep at THAT! Not trying to make anyone mad just my two cents!
Posted via Mobile Device
5 Likes: interpreter66, JEFFSTOY, racefan20, RJ21, SUPERDUKE
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #7 11/14/09 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by sprint28:
I think that is an terrible idea! I luv TSS but the hut hundred should be midgets 3 wide 11 deep at THAT! Not trying to make anyone mad just my two cents!
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes, everyone is allowed an opinion.

PS.......How many cars did TSS get for the POWRI midget show two years ago??
D.O. (Offline)
  #8 11/14/09 11:48 AM
Todays midgets don'y belong on a 1/2 mile. Ask Don Moore about engine cost on a 1/2 mile. Some well funded teams can almost afford to race, low dollar teams can't afford the engine rebuilds.

Dyno & crew you will enjoy that event!

But the name is the Hut 100, that should be a THAT.
Wallsracing (Offline)
  #9 11/14/09 12:00 PM
:2:
Originally Posted by rpracing1:
save me a seat!
thats too long of drive for you isnt it:2:
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #10 11/14/09 12:04 PM
I go by three tracks when Tri-State runs on Saturday, and I come from Indy. After watching 2 midget races there,I won't miss another one. That will be a great show, as all of Tommy's are.