IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Flatrightrear (Offline)
  #1 9/8/09 3:40 PM
Just a quick note to those who know that I have been dealing with Hodgkins Lymphoma since January that I got a clean bill of health from the doctor today. I wish to thank everyone for their prayers and concern and please keep all those who are sick in your prayers. No more chemo every two weeks after five months of it. Wow, I almost still can't believe it. Praise God from whom all blessings flow. Tom
SpfldMile (Offline)
  #2 9/8/09 3:46 PM
Good news Tom, glad to hear it.

For those about to rock, we salute you.
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #3 9/8/09 3:54 PM
Tom,

What wonderful news! We need more good news stories like this to brighten our lives. I have never had the chance to meet you and I hope now that I can very shortly. Glad the chemo routine is over and you can look forward to brighter things than doctor visits. Thanks so much for sharing and keep in touch.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
SprintManDave (Offline)
  #4 9/8/09 3:55 PM
Great to hear Tom, and best of luck in the future.
ronmil (Offline)
  #5 9/8/09 3:59 PM
Tom,

I am glad to hear this! I look forward to seeing you for many more seasons at the track.

Ron Miller
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #6 9/8/09 4:08 PM
Great news!!! Thanks for letting us know.

Frank Daigh
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #7 9/8/09 4:34 PM
That's the best news I've heard all day. You've fought this thing hard and it's great to hear that it looks like you're gonna beat it.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
SHORTBUS (Offline)
  #8 9/8/09 4:40 PM
Originally Posted by flatrightrear:
just a quick note to those who know that i have been dealing with hodgkins lymphoma since january that i got a clean bill of health from the doctor today. I wish to thank everyone for their prayers and concern and please keep all those who are sick in your prayers. No more chemo every two weeks after five months of it. Wow, i almost still can't believe it. Praise god from whom all blessings flow. Tom
tom,
great to hear --- i still have 4 more chemo treatments along with 6 pills a day.i do this every two weeks 2 on then 2 off.then i should be done with my cancer treatments. These last six are just a precaution.i am supposed to already be clear.
nonwing (Offline)
  #9 9/8/09 5:11 PM
Tom,

I'm really happy for you and your family. It is nice to hear about a success in treating cancer. This disease does not only affect the person, but everyone around him or her.

And, I know that chemo can be so difficult to endure, but you and your family hung in there and made it.

Congratulations on your clean bill of health!
George Wilkins
FishBurger (Offline)
  #10 9/8/09 5:58 PM
OUTSTANDING!!! !

Way to go Tom. So glad that I checked the board again today.
Hope we'll be seeing you again soon at the track(s).