IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Kmartin712 (Offline)
  #1 7/19/20 2:40 PM
Has anyone heard if Kyle Larson will be participating in all or some of the ISW events?
openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #2 7/19/20 3:12 PM
Larson is not a fan of non-wing sprint cars, so it isn’t likely he will participate. After flipping at the 4 Crown in 2013 in the Hoffman car and getting hit on the cage, he hasn’t been in non-wing Sprint car and has publicly stated it’s not likely he will be.
2 Likes: Dirteater, tirespinner
GYATK94 (Offline)
  #3 7/19/20 4:40 PM
Originally Posted by openwheelfan1:
Larson is not a fan of non-wing sprint cars, so it isn’t likely he will participate. After flipping at the 4 Crown in 2013 in the Hoffman car and getting hit on the cage, he hasn’t been in non-wing Sprint car and has publicly stated it’s not likely he will be.
He recently stated he had planned to run a non wing sprint car this year at Calistoga for the Louie Vermeil Classic. However, it was recently canceled due to California’s strict COVID-19 regulations. What’s even more unfortunate is he said if the race at Calistoga went well, he might give the four-crown a shot in the wingless car. This isn’t to say he won’t find another race to try out a non wing car this year, but his initial plan to return was derailed. If you’d like to hear the interview this information is from, check out his recent appearance on the excellent Rip the Fence podcast.
10 Likes: 3wide, AustinSprinter, Dirteater, i love dirt track racing, JarrettFarms73, jim goerge, luckybuc97, mc/rider, tirespinner, TNRustler
Kmartin712 (Offline)
  #4 7/19/20 4:58 PM
Thanks for the information. We,re headed to the last four races from R.I. And we’re hoping to see what he could do.
4 Likes: bighd0522, JarrettFarms73, oppweld, tirespinner
JarrettFarms73 (Offline)
  #5 7/19/20 10:10 PM
I think it’s unlikely he’ll run any of ISW but never say never, right!! I hope he does as well. Fingers crossed that his schedule seems to be pretty fluid right now and maybe the challenge of a non wing car on a smaller bullring just might appeal to him.

Safe travels and feel free to stop by and say hi. Our group will be in a grey Yukon XL towing a multi brown Keystone Hideout camper with two doors on the passenger side. We’re not really drinkers but we’d be glad to pass a drink or soda your way...or byob. it’s all good during ISW!
I’ve got a buddy that moved out to the cape years ago. Would love to pick your brain about Seekonk (MA) and maybe poke a little fun at really bad drivers from CT. 😂 😆 Enjoy your trip!
2 Likes: racenut69, tirespinner
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #6 7/19/20 10:54 PM
And it doesn't make the prospects any better being that the World of Outlaws are running in PA and Ohio next weekend, although Anthony Macri said something in the post race interview about Kyle going back home after Lernerville ($25,000 to win). And the final week of Sprint Week, the All Stars are running a $26,000 to win race at Plymouth, Wisconsin on Thursday and a $20,000 to win race, the night after ISW concludes, at Huset's. Just too many big money races around. Maybe we'll luck out and get him for a race or two.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
4 Likes: dkdorkboy, jim goerge, PIT CART, tirespinner
Hubie (Offline)
  #7 7/20/20 2:40 AM
I hear USAC pays near pert near five thousand bucks :-)
4 Likes: Chief Wahoo, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, tirespinner
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #8 7/20/20 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by Hubie:
I hear USAC pays near pert near five thousand bucks :-)
Say it isn’t so........
3 Likes: jim goerge, racenut69, tirespinner
Kmartin712 (Offline)
  #9 7/20/20 8:09 PM
Heath, thanks for the invite. We will definitely look you guys up. Looking forward to it.
fourteen fan (Offline)
  #10 7/20/20 8:29 PM