#51 7/7/19 12:15 AM
Bacon

When in doubt Gas It
4 Likes: Charles Nungester, JarrettFarms73, luckybuc97, tirespinner
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #52 7/7/19 12:31 AM
Originally Posted by mc/rider:
Bacon
That's an understatement. They should have cloned him and put 3 of him on the podium. Dominating performance. Great run by Korey Weyant, also.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
5 Likes: JarrettFarms73, luckybuc97, mc/rider, sprinter31, tirespinner
miledirt (Offline)
  #53 7/7/19 8:12 AM
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw:
That's an understatement. They should have cloned him and put 3 of him on the podium. Dominating performance. Great run by Korey Weyant, also.

Jerry
Thought the same about Weyant. Anyone else remember him running the B in Silver Crown at Springfield? Put on a show
5 Likes: ISF, Jerry Shaw, sprinter31, Steve Wendel, tirespinner
racer5c (Offline)
  #54 7/7/19 8:21 AM
Originally Posted by JarrettFarms73:
Am i missing something? Was this event EVER billed as a “USAC” event? I’ll answer that: NO!! From day one it was advertised as being in cooperation from a scheduling standpoint with multiple non-wing sanctioning bodies including USAC. I’ve never once seen or heard an official press release claiming this to be a USAC event. YET, here we are... So does WAR suck too then by this standard? Weird though because i’ve looked and looked at the Brandt Agriculture Corn Belt Nationals logo and cant find USAC’s or Power-I/ WAR’s name on it anywhere. It’s almost like this is a one-off special event or something...
Pay the money for the gate ticket and travel or pay the money for the available TV source and be happy you’re not waiting for your hard copy of SSN to finally hit the mailbox sometime next week.
but, but, but, bashing USAC is what they all live for
4 Likes: captrat, JarrettFarms73, opnwhlmnd, tirespinner
racer5c (Offline)
  #55 7/7/19 8:23 AM
Originally Posted by miledirt:
I’m a DirtVision and Flo subscriber...the issue is not the $40 for Knoxville. The issue is that they (Flo and USAC) advertised all national events. This is a national event. Its been on the USAC schedule all year and in their PR for the event. But so what... I’ll watch outlaws at Cedar Lake on DV, then flipped over to Flo af 9:30 to watch the A at Knoxville. USAC was cool about it last night on Twitter. They conceded it was a bad deal, but hey people make mistakes.

Movin’ on... now the big question is, who takes the 20k and the first ever Cornbelt?!
pays no uSAC points, so explain to me how it is a "national event"?
2 Likes: Kansasdirtfan, opnwhlmnd
racer5c (Offline)
  #56 7/7/19 8:23 AM
Originally Posted by miledirt:
I’m a DirtVision and Flo subscriber...the issue is not the $40 for Knoxville. The issue is that they (Flo and USAC) advertised all national events. This is a national event. Its been on the USAC schedule all year and in their PR for the event. But so what... I’ll watch outlaws at Cedar Lake on DV, then flipped over to Flo af 9:30 to watch the A at Knoxville. USAC was cool about it last night on Twitter. They conceded it was a bad deal, but hey people make mistakes.

Movin’ on... now the big question is, who takes the 20k and the first ever Cornbelt?!
pays no USAC points, so explain to me how it is a "national event"?
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #57 7/7/19 8:29 AM
Originally Posted by racer5c:
pays no USAC points, so explain to me how it is a "national event"?
Wrong, Paid show up points.

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: addictedtodirt, PIT CART
JarrettFarms73 (Offline)
  #58 7/7/19 9:20 AM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Wrong, Paid show up points.
https://www.knoxvilleraceway.com/Art...ionals-in-2019

Show up points = promotion. See my earlier post.

Did WAR pay “show up points”? That’d be a yes.

Was a USAC specific license required to take the green flag? Checkmate.
3 Likes: opnwhlmnd, tirespinner, trackprep
SoIllSprinter (Offline)
  #59 7/7/19 9:28 AM
A whole lot of bellyaching. For as long as there has been streaming services people have complained incessantly about it. If it actually is a real problem amongst the masses, if I were USAC, I would quit using it. I think the idea of streaming a whole season was to make it affordable per race, which it looks to be. But wow, do they take a social media hit. Maybe they should do what someone suggested earlier, and make folks pay the actual ticket price, and do it on a race by race basis.
4 Likes: dirt330, opnwhlmnd, tirespinner, trackprep
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #60 7/7/19 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by SoIllSprinter:
A whole lot of bellyaching. For as long as there has been streaming services people have complained incessantly about it. If it actually is a real problem amongst the masses, if I were USAC, I would quit using it. I think the idea of streaming a whole season was to make it affordable per race, which it looks to be. But wow, do they take a social media hit. Maybe they should do what someone suggested earlier, and make folks pay the actual ticket price, and do it on a race by race basis.
Did that with Speedshift the last three years, At least they showed what they advertised.

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: addictedtodirt, PIT CART