IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute
4/30/16, 2:18 PM   #1
Terre Haute
midnightrider

I am looking forward to heading to the Action Track tomorrow. Does anyone know if the rain has cleared there ?

4/30/16, 3:21 PM   #2
Re: Terre Haute
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Not sure when you have to leave to get there. Also depends on how much more rain we get or if they are expecting some sun tomorrow. I seen pics from about noon and the grounds are very wet.

Best to stay up to date through Facebook, Terre Haute Action Track page. Track Enterprises page etc

Also some people here live close, so might be early updates on conditions tomorrow mid morning.

4/30/16, 6:17 PM   #3
cody leohr 46L

Rain has stopped at the moment in Brazil

4/30/16, 7:42 PM   #4
chastaj

I hate to say it, but I don't know how they will get it in, and the track be even half way decent. Cool cloudy conditions, and a lot of rain over last few days. With 70% chance tomorrow afternoon.

1 member likes this post: dctracy79
4/30/16, 10:49 PM   #5
midnightrider

If anyone can get it in, I think Bob Sargent can. I'm ready to see some sprint cars at Terre Haute. The Sumar was a good race.

5/1/16, 12:56 AM   #6
racephoto1

It will be Sargeant and Helfrich together on this one. Helfrich runs MSCS. If there is half a chance, those two can pull it off.

3 members like this post: cody leohr 46L, jim goerge, midnightrider
5/1/16, 1:46 AM   #7
treecitytornado

Just hope they don't try it like 2009. That is if they have to grade that much.

1 member likes this post: Leohr46
5/1/16, 8:14 AM   #8
midnightrider

Postponed to August 14.

5/1/16, 8:57 AM   #9
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

From the track's FB page:

Terre Haute Action Track Postpones Spring Fling Event
MSCS Sprint Cars & UMP Modifieds Rescheduled For August 14

Officials from the MSCS Sprint Cars and Track Enterprises, the promotion company of the Terre Haute Action Track, have announced that the 2016 Spring Fling scheduled for Sunday, May 1 has been postponed due to extremely wet grounds and an unfavorable forecast for raceday. The event has been rescheduled for Sunday, August 14.

The event was scheduled to be the second of the 2016 season, after the season opening USAC Silver Crown race in early April. Ironically, the same event last year was nearly postponed as well, due to heavy rainfall across the midwest the day before. The race was run but drivers struggled during the heats before track conditions came in.

The August 14 raindate will feature the same two classes. For the MSCS Sprint Cars, it will make for a great weekend of racing. On Saturday, August 13, they will be racing at their home track, Tri-State Speedway in Haubstadt, IN for the Hoosier Sprint Nationals, paying $5,000 to win. The Scott's Custom Colors UMP Modifieds will also be on the Sunday, August 14 card at The Action Track.

Up next on the Terre Haute Action Track schedule is the Tony Hulman Classic for the USAC National Sprint cars on Wednesday, May 25. The event is the first of three for the Track Enterprises promotion, "USAC's The Week Of Indy". The Hulman Classic will also feature the Scott's Custom Colors UMP Modifieds. Fans and drivers then head to the Indiana State Fairgrounds for the Hoosier Hundred on Thursday, May 26 and then to Lucas Oil Raceway in Indianapolis on Friday, May 27 for the Carb Night Classic.

While those attending the Tony Hulman Classic will be able to purchase tickets at the gate on raceday, a presale "Week Of Indy" Superticket is available for a discount if going to all three events. The three day ticket is available for $60, a savings of $15. The three day superticket will be available starting early this week on usacracing.com and trackenterprises.com.

About Terre Haute Action Track:
For more information, follow the Action Track online at www.terrehauteactiontrack.net and on Facebook (www.facebook.com/terrehauteactiontrack). Updates are also available by calling the Track Enterprises office at 217-764-3200.
The Terre Haute Action Track is located at the Wabash County Fairgrounds, in Terre Haute, IN. The physical address is 3901 South US Hwy 41, Terre Haute, IN 47807.

5/1/16, 10:21 AM   #10
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
Just hope they don't try it like 2009. That is if they have to grade that much.
JT May I ask what the problem was ? I remember the day before a Saturday the races were rained out and rescheduled for the next day which was a Sunday. I got there pretty early and watched in shock as at that time a guy the promoter was calling a dirt track preparation expert on the grader going around with the grader wide open and the blade straight across. when operateing a grader on a suface like that you should only use the lower gears such 2nd maybe 3rd I don't think a lot of people know this but a grader flexes (bounces) when at speed and the blade will gouge the surface . So theres this so called prep expert gouging the track , in other words rutting up the surface, when Tommy said something to the promoter and next thing you knew Tommy was grading the slop off the track , it was a hour or so delay but we went racing that day on a dam good track that was smooth with no ruts. So again I ask what was wrong with the track that day, and also I don't recall you being there to race as usual. The reason I know about the grader is cuz in my younger days I was a heavy equipment operator ( grader track hoe backhoe dozier etc etc)

1 member likes this post: oppweld
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute