IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > I think Jesse helped win a couple more races
5/31/10, 11:59 PM   #1
I think Jesse helped win a couple more races
leftylen

Something I thought about on the drive home today.

Saturday night at Perris Auto Speedway David Cardey drove the ceremonial lap to honor Jesse. He won the main from well back in the pack.

On Sunday at Tulare Thunderbowl Blake Miller, the pole sitter, pulled away during the "fours" to create the missing man formation to honor Jesse. Blake went wire to wire to win.

1 member likes this post: YeleynSmoke
6/1/10, 8:04 AM   #2
Re: I think Jesse helped win a couple more ra
gasitup71

Saturday night at Fremont Speedway, Bryan Sebetto honored the missing man during the pace laps...he went on to pick up his first career win with the All Stars...

6/1/10, 10:19 AM   #3
MyPerformancePlus.com

Kyle Steffens Victorious in Memory of Hockett at Lebanon I-44 Speedway

Lebanon, MO; Memorial Day weekend brought great races and new faces to Monster Energy Victory Lane at the Lebanon I-44 Speedway, including a new winner after a wild Late Model feature.
Kyle Steffens came to the Lebanon I-44 Speedway with a heavy heart on Saturday after losing his good friend and fellow racer Jesse Hockett on Wednesday night. Steffens and Scott Atkinson won their respective heat races, after running first and second in the opening night feature, putting both drivers tailback after the invert. Jim Vanzandt and Caleb Hall would lead the field to the green for the start of the 30 lap feature with Vanzandt leading lap one. Kenny Dickinson, coming off a win the previous night, came charging hard to the front, taking the lead on lap two, with Steffens already into second. Steffens took the lead from Dickinson on lap 3 and would pull away by a couple of car lengths. Atkinson charged his way through the field and quickly ran down Steffens, catching him on lap six. Trouble would quickly strike as Steffens and Atkinson went for the same piece of real estate in turn one, with Atkinson spinning collecting a hard charging Joe Ross, ending Ross’ night. Steffens would lead the field back to green with Dickinson and a very fast Mike Sloan (making his Late Model debut) on his rear bumper. Atkinson would charge back through the field until mechanical problems took him out on lap number 11. Sloan moved into second place past Dickinson and quickly ran down the 6 car of Steffens. Sloan would bring out the caution at the halfway point after spinning while going for the lead in turn three. Sloan would quickly make his way back though the field, while Steffens and Dickinson had a fierce battle for the lead up front. Sloan ran down the leaders on lap 25 and went for the lead once again on lap 27. Sloan dove to the bottom in turn one, with Steffens holding his ground sending Sloan spinning once again. Dickinson would give Steffens several challenges for the lead over the final three circuits, but wasn’t able to make the pass as Steffens went on to claim his first Late Model win at I-44 Speedway. Dickinson came home second, Vanzandt third, a very impressive Mike Sloan fourth and Caleb Hall rounded out the top 5. “I will never win as many races as Jesse did,” said a very emotional Steffens in victory lane.” He was a great person and a good friend of mine and I’m so proud to win in honor of him tonight.”
Attached Images
hocket sticker.jpg (58.0 KB, 54 views)

6/1/10, 1:40 PM   #4
darnall

Adam Jones won the WOW show at Jesses home track.. "Jesse Hocketts XX Speedway" in Califonia, Mo in front of an SRO crowd in a car he purchased from Hockett over the winter carrying a huge 77 on the wing and pit mule. It was Adams first sprint car win after 5 years of trying following a great career in Micros.

Jesses buddies Matt Fox and Richard Kriesel finished 1-2 in OMMS action saturday at Dallas County Speedway after both pledged their winnings to the Hockett family before the feature started.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > I think Jesse helped win a couple more races