IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
SoIllSprinter (Offline)
  #11 4/7/23 7:01 PM
Double post
SoIllSprinter (Offline)
  #12 4/7/23 7:05 PM
Originally Posted by HDbill:
I hope that they decide to make the PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE a permanent part of all opening ceremonies. Racers are, by nature, patriotic. In these times it is seriously needed.
To what end? We play the national anthem, that should suffice. Every time one attends an event it doesn’t need to be a nationalistic show piece. And before the “you ain’t American crowd” jumps down my throat, as a HS administrator I initiated the saying of the pledge along with a moment of silence to start every school day.
4 Likes: brown11b, captrat, opnwhlmnd, spicoli
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #13 4/7/23 7:49 PM
I think the Pledge, Anthem, Proud to be a American, Yankee doodle dandy, Were a American Band, Hotel California should be prior to every show. Maybe even some Free Bird.

Charles Nungester
3 Likes: Dale, flagboy55, oldfan49
jdull99 (Offline)
  #14 4/7/23 7:52 PM
They DO sing: God Bless America, Back Home Again in Indiana, AND the National Anthem at the Indy 500...

Apparently they do TWO "National Anthems" at the Super Bowl and a lot of Basketball games I guess...

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
4 Likes: Charles Nungester, flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, John P Huss
miledirt (Offline)
  #15 4/8/23 7:14 AM
Originally Posted by jdull99:
They DO sing: God Bless America, Back Home Again in Indiana, AND the National Anthem at the Indy 500...

Apparently they do TWO "National Anthems" at the Super Bowl and a lot of Basketball games I guess...
Good point about the 500 Jason
My two cents about reciting the pledge at the CB, go for it. Two minutes to honor God first and country is a great thing to do; and second it has nothing to do with incredibly drawn out Saturday night event.
6 Likes: bighd0522, flagboy55, luckybuc97, PIT CART, progressive22, TNRustler
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #16 4/8/23 9:44 AM
One thing to consider about the long delay at the Chili Bowl. It may be needed to air out the building.
6 Likes: flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, jdull99, okie, OnTheHammer, TNRustler
jdull99 (Offline)
  #17 4/8/23 5:45 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
One thing to consider about the long delay at the Chili Bowl. It may be needed to air out the building.
Excellent post! I have thought of that too. The late running doesn't bother me, but I do suppose for those watching on the East coast, it does push it...everyone should know how late it goes, year after year, and plan accordingly...

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, progressive22
HDbill (Offline)
  #18 4/9/23 12:06 PM
in the past they had giant fans near an open door in the area of turn 4 working to get fumes out. That may have been prior to mandatory track fuel. I haven't seen those fans in recent years. But the dust has risen to at least as big a problem as the fumes. It is really tough to see the cars in turn 1&2 from 3&4, at least in the high rows. But, I will be back until I can't. And miss the great guys that I have met there. Because they can't anymore. God speed to them all.
2 Likes: jdull99, Ken Bonnema
Chase Hightower (Offline)
  #19 4/11/23 8:33 AM
Originally Posted by Pitdad:
Since they only pay $10k to win and nobody wants to race in it, probably won’t matter by 2033…
Nobody wants to race in it? LMAO. The car count was terrible this year wasn't it!:
3 Likes: Grocery Guy, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97
captrat (Offline)
  #20 4/11/23 9:58 AM
Originally Posted by miledirt:
Good point about the 500 Jason
My two cents about reciting the pledge at the CB, go for it. Two minutes to honor God first and country is a great thing to do; and second it has nothing to do with incredibly drawn out Saturday night event.
Which God would that be? Personally I prefer my government, ********, and recreation to be free of religion. You know that individual choice idea.
3 Likes: brown11b, erich45, TommyTipover