Register! Forgot Password?
Hammer down (Offline)
  #21 3/23/15 5:42 PM
Lots of memories... Rip Earl
sprntr (Offline)
  #22 3/23/15 5:44 PM
Dick Monahan (Offline)
  #23 3/23/15 5:48 PM
Hunter Thompson said it best. “Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy ****…what a ride!” And if you can do it to 93, all the better. Earl's been missed since he sold the track, now he'll be missed even more.
7 Likes: Charles Nungester, Gregg, ISF, mc/rider, racephoto1, sc17x, smith19
tim brown (Offline)
  #24 3/23/15 7:12 PM
R.i.p.
i love dirt track racing (Offline)
  #25 3/23/15 8:55 PM
Earl was a special person. He and family gave us all with lifetime memories that will never go away. Thanks earl and family for the greatest show on dirt Eldora Speedway is a special place for fans around the world. Thanks earl you are simply the best.
EBookerFan (Offline)
  #26 3/24/15 10:39 AM
I grew up at the Ballroom on Saturday & Sunday nights, it was about 15 miles east of my home in Indiana, dancing to Earl's music. Several of my high school friends started their racing careers at the track that Earl developed, Bob & Dick Pratt,Dick DeBolt, and Junior Culy. It has always been a special place to me over the years. Sorry for the family's loss of this icon. RIP Earl.
2 Likes: fish, i love dirt track racing
sprint car freak (Offline)
  #27 3/24/15 6:28 PM
R.I.P Earl Baltes
Attachments:
image.jpg (95.0 KB)

2 Likes: davidm, John P Huss
sp6967 (Offline)
  #28 3/24/15 8:58 PM
Gods gift to dirt track racing-Earl Baltes

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help." President Ronald Reagan
6 Likes: davidm, i love dirt track racing, monkeyboy, nathans1012, racephoto1, racing2bwithu2
tinkertoys (Offline)
  #29 3/25/15 8:42 PM
I remember back in 03' some college buddies and I went to the four crown and borrowed a couple golf carts from my boss. About 2 or 3 am after too many adult beverages here we are riding around Eldora on carts with a keg of beer strapped to the back of one when....the fun police showed up! Not nearly as amused as we were they got Earl out of bed and told him what we were up to. His response was. "So what did you get me out of bed for." What a great guy that must have also had a sense of humor. I'm sure it was us that you can thank for having to register the carts now. LOL
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #30 3/26/15 1:35 AM
Cool story, but there was no 4 Crown in 03. That was the year of the Mopar Million.