IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Russ (Offline)
  #11 2/15/13 3:54 PM
Originally Posted by reeserx:
Two reasons: many fans will be at Smackdown and most cars will be at Smackdown. You'll get your local guys that don't want to make the haul but for the most part all the heavy hitters will be at Kokomo. Good luck with that

Posted via Mobile Device
It wouldn't surprise me if Bloomington has as many if not more cars than a USAC show at Kokomo. As far as most fans being at Kokomo, that's not true either. Most Bloomington regulars will stay at home.
8 Likes: agar, Dirtfan, jim goerge, Motormasher, ronmil, spicoli, sw1911
kingmod5 (Offline)
  #12 2/15/13 3:54 PM
I wish they would offer a big show for the modifieds.
2 Likes: dkdorkboy, Motormasher
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #13 2/15/13 4:10 PM
There were more cars at Paragon on Saturday night of the Smackdown. Heck for that matter every track that raced saw a slightly larger car count on that night.

If the same the holds true this year... "Bloomington Speedway" made a good decision.

8 Likes: agar, Dirtfan, jim goerge, Motormasher, ronmil, Russ, sw1911, Tony74
racefan20 (Offline)
  #14 2/15/13 4:50 PM
Wasnt paragon the only track that ran against Smackdown. As I recall USAC urged the other tracks NOT to run sprint cars against them. Smackdown is the model for the future "event" scheduling for USAC. Flame me if you want but I think this is what they would like to see for the future.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
3 Likes: cwfan08, reeserx, Tim Watson
reeserx (Offline)
  #15 2/15/13 4:59 PM
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner:
There were more cars at Paragon on Saturday night of the Smackdown. Heck for that matter every track that raced saw a slightly larger car count on that night.

If the same the holds true this year... "Bloomington Speedway" made a good decision.
Well if you remember, if you didn't race Thursday or Friday, Saturday was pointless for a driver to show up because of points, so of course paragon would of had more cars on Saturday.

Posted via Mobile Device
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #16 2/15/13 6:10 PM
Originally Posted by reeserx:
Well if you remember, if you didn't race Thursday or Friday, Saturday was pointless for a driver to show up because of points, so of course paragon would of had more cars on Saturday.

Posted via Mobile Device
Was there a driver who left the smack down after thurs or fri races to compete at paragon? I don't remember one.

Posted via Mobile Device
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #17 2/15/13 6:14 PM
Originally Posted by racefan20:
Wasnt paragon the only track that ran against Smackdown. As I recall USAC urged the other tracks NOT to run sprint cars against them. Smackdown is the model for the future "event" scheduling for USAC. Flame me if you want but I think this is what they would like to see for the future.
Paragon. Waynesfield. Clay county.

Posted via Mobile Device

4 Likes: Dirtfan, dkdorkboy, jim goerge, Motormasher
fasster23 (Offline)
  #18 2/16/13 12:24 AM
What are WCD Sprints?

Posted via Mobile Device
cmiracingvids (Offline)
  #19 2/16/13 3:18 AM
Originally Posted by fasster23:
What are WCD Sprints?

Posted via Mobile Device
WCD is Winner Circle Designs. They are the sponsor for the sprint cars this year. The sprints are still your normal 410 non winged sprintcar.

Posted via Mobile Device
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #20 2/16/13 8:48 PM
Originally Posted by racefan20:
I agree with Hoov. Running one night against Smackdown might bite you in the future. The event thing might be more common and who's to say Btown couldn't hold one of these weekend events. This could get you crossed off the list. Just my .01 cent, cause i don't have .02 cents.