IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
HardyBoysRacing (Offline)
  #11 1/12/18 5:27 PM
Originally Posted by davidm:
My Anywhere, Anything event would be getting to drive a Silver Crown car on a dirt mile. I want to know what it feels like to hold that throttle open down those long straights, get to the turn break and set the car into a drift and nail the throttle again. Put a fast smooth lap down in one of those beauties would put a smile on my face I'd never lose.
Didn't get to race, but this will always be one of my favorite memories. Circa 2010 Indy mile. Long live the big cars!
4 Likes: Backitin, Bostonian, chrismattlin, davidm
Bostonian (Offline)
  #12 1/12/18 7:22 PM
Originally Posted by sprntr:
My pick would be the F1 race in Monaco.
WOW. That's exactly what I was going to say. I guess I'll have to change mine to F1 at Austin TX
chrismattlin (Offline)
  #13 1/13/18 1:21 PM
Tough question! If I could only do one race on this theoretical trip, I'd have to take a race at Spa-Francorchamps. Its definitely the track that I most enjoy watching on tv, and, to me at least, has the most history and mystique. Eau Rouge and Raidillon has to be the best section of track in the world.

However, if I was allowed to sneak in more than one track, I'd have to make a lifelong dream come true and head "down under".
2 Likes: Bostonian, davidm
Backitin (Offline)
  #14 1/13/18 6:00 PM
Doesn't have to be a race, can be anything anywhere.
Actually after thinking about it I might change my answer to going to NZ and bowhunting red stag with my daughter. Archery hunting is our bonding agent and she's dang good at it.
3 Likes: davidm, i love dirt track racing, turn4