IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Former Badger Midget Driver killed in car accident
3/14/15, 2:05 PM   #1
Former Badger Midget Driver killed in car accident
Gapinski

BADGER MIDGET SERIES PRESS RELEASE

“Auto accident claims Randy Fiscus at 51”

By Bryan Gapinski
Madison, Wis., March 14---Randy Fiscus, a long-time competitor with the Badger Midget Series died Friday night as a result of an automobile accident in Madison, he was 51 years old.

Randy made his driving debut with Badger in 1984 racing for his father Jim. Randy was 1985 Badger Midget Mechanic of the Year for his efforts on Dan Boorse’s Championship Team, while driving a partial season in 1985-86. The title was the second of four Badger Car Owner Titles for Jim.

Returning to the cockpit in 1991 Randy qualified in the fastest four on four consecutive nights at Angell Park Speedway (Sun Prairie, Wis.) earning a position the trophy dash each night on his way to finishing 12th in Badger points. His return season was highlighted by a fourth place finish in the Tom Knowles Memorial at Spoon River Speedway (Canton, Ill.).

Fiscus scored his first career midget feature victory in 1996 capturing the 30-lap Badger event at the Hales Corners Speedway (Franklin, Wis.) in June.
He followed the victory with his biggest career win the 50-lap Al Fredenberg Memorial at Angell Park Speedway in August. The season resulted in a seventh place finish in Badger points, a career best, that he duplicated three years later. Randy and his younger brother Aaron continued running the Badger Series and other selected events during the following seasons.

Randy announced his retirement from driving at the 2003 Badger Awards banquet after finishing eleventh in points. He remained active overseeing the two-car effort for his father’s team, before the team ended over a quarter of a century participation in midget racing at the conclusion of 2010 season.

Randy was a master plumber for over 30-years and was a key member in the day-to-day operations at Fitchburg Plumbing. His wife Lisa survives him, daughters Alyssa, and Amanda, father James, brother Aaron, sister Jean, and numerous nieces and nephews.

3/14/15, 4:18 PM   #2
Re: Former Badger Midget Driver killed in car accident
Midget 89

R.I.P, Randy.

3/14/15, 6:49 PM   #3
v8j

God Speed

3/14/15, 6:55 PM   #4
PIT CART

Sorry to hear this.

3/14/15, 7:52 PM   #5
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Condolences to the family...

3/14/15, 8:38 PM   #6
LEADERS EDGE

I didn't really know him very well, but I always respected the way their team was always professionally presented and how competitive they were. Sad Day

3/14/15, 9:03 PM   #7
Shreffler21

Randy was what what midget racing was all about , I pitted next to him every weekend for the last ten years. Him and his family would give me whatever I needed to keep racing. Him and his family are what it's all about ! It will be very hard to race at sun praire without him

9 members like this post: dirtball, fish, John P Huss, mc/rider, ossuks, RadRacer, Russ, sprint72, team3521
3/17/15, 9:20 AM   #8
John P Huss

As a long time fan at Angell
Park was very sad to hear the
news. Thoughts and Prayers with
Fiscus family.
Best Regards,
John

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Former Badger Midget Driver killed in car accident