IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington speedway to run 305 racesaver sprints in 2015
9/22/14, 8:37 PM   #41
microsprint15

Fans don't care about mini sprints. Never have, never will. Sponsors don't care about mini sprints. Never have, never will. A racing resume that only includes mini sprints means nothing. Never has, never will.

(I am not bashing the drivers or owners directly, I know there are very talented drivers and very good teams and races in the mini sprint division).

I don't know much about the Racesaver 305's, but it sounds like it could be a huge success. My only concern would be the diluting of the current class of local non-wing cars. If this class would have been around just a few years ago, I would have been all over it. I would imagine that others who come from my background (600 sidewinders) feel the same.

Of course, this is only MY opinion. Bash Away...
Last edited by microsprint15; 9/22/14 at 8:45 PM.

4 members like this post: Hotshoe65s, jjracer636, Josh Kinser, worm
9/22/14, 10:02 PM   #42
Re: Bloomington speedway to run 305 racesaver sprints in 201
Bill May

Dave, That's a novel idea, It appears to me that Dirt track racing in the area is struggling for Fan support (for many reasons), resulting in promoters depending more on Racer support (back gate) to survive, additional classes may help some tracks remain open, especially if it could result in a feeder class for a more a popular division.

Some posters put down Paragon's $500 to win purse structure, but it draws more sprints on a weekly basis than other area tracks, A lower budget winged sprint division just may develop into a similar car count in a couple of years, who knows, maybe take the wings off occasionally, providing some experience for Racers wanting to move up to N/W 410's.

The Mod's were not very well received a few years ago, we have accepted them (or tolerate in some opinions) into the local tracks program, look at their car counts, probably the highest of the weekly classes (except Paragon) I have not seen or heard any track promoters complain about Modifieds, I suspect we all, as fans, have our own favorite class, I suggest we support whatever it takes to keep local tracks open and avoid another Gas City experience.

Bill May

3 members like this post: DAD, nathans1012, Xflagman
9/22/14, 10:23 PM   #43
on_the_edge

Paging motormasher your favorite, wing racing at your favorite track and with a motor that is equal to everyone else's. You should win every race with all your talent. Your calling has been made now don't disappoint and not show up to race.

2 members like this post: Crankin, jim goerge
9/23/14, 1:58 AM   #44
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by microsprint15 View Post
Fans don't care about mini sprints. Never have, never will. Sponsors don't care about mini sprints. Never have, never will. A racing resume that only includes mini sprints means nothing. Never has, never will.

(I am not bashing the drivers or owners directly, I know there are very talented drivers and very good teams and races in the mini sprint division).

I don't know much about the Racesaver 305's, but it sounds like it could be a huge success. My only concern would be the diluting of the current class of local non-wing cars. If this class would have been around just a few years ago, I would have been all over it. I would imagine that others who come from my background (600 sidewinders) feel the same.

Of course, this is only MY opinion. Bash Away...

Ryan

I like your style.

Sounds like a big old sprint is what you should be racing anyhow. You have been wasting your time, talent and your cash racing them squirley little 600cc Go karts.

Bet you cant get one of them sprint cars to hike that right front tire the way that sidewinder does.

If you ever get the chance try one of those 1000cc midgets on for size you might like it. They work a lot different than sidewinders do on bigger rougher tracks.

Good luck in your racing endeavors, Have fun, and work on not being so negative. The sun doesn't rise and set on any of our butts.

Honest Dad himself

2 members like this post: bowbuild, TrevorMoody9
9/23/14, 7:29 AM   #45
scottyCbus

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 18

Lets give it a chance and see what happens if it fails it fails! If it is a success then more power to the Bloomington track owners! Racing is great in Indiana! Sprints, Midgets, Mods, Late Models, Street Stocks, Hornets, Mini sprints, TQ midgets Go- Karts the list can go on and on we all have what we like! Just a part of Indiana Americana and the season is just about over so get out there and go see whatever kind of racing you like to watch and leave next year to next year!! )

4 members like this post: Bill May, DAD, DaveP63, nathans1012
9/23/14, 8:23 AM   #46
SWScaleChassis

"So I thought about building a 305 when I heard about the Bloomington divison. Then I read on IOW all the hatred and scoffs for something new. May as well sit out if the people don't wanna see it."

-Said the 15 year race fan who thought about getting behind the wheel...

4 members like this post: DAD, DaveP63, jjracer636, Josh Kinser
9/23/14, 8:38 AM   #47
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWScaleChassis View Post
"So I thought about building a 305 when I heard about the Bloomington divison. Then I read on IOW all the hatred and scoffs for something new. May as well sit out if the people don't wanna see it."

-Said the 15 year race fan who thought about getting behind the wheel...
SW

If a guy was serious about a feeder division for 410 Sprints, what a better place than Bloomington Indiana. Put a small V8 in to help control the cost, Wings for safety, and a lot of 410 teams to supply used parts, tires, and knowledge to the new racer. Some tracks are known for Stock Cars, some for Sprint cars, Bloomington has always catered to the sprints and have a very great Sprint car program, what makes more sense then to start their own class that would supply talent to their premier division. Sounds like a win win deal to me.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 9/23/14 at 8:39 AM.

9/23/14, 8:41 AM   #48
kart31rac

We race a 305 at 34 raceway, it is not a racesaver but the rules are very similar. It is a great class there are 18 to 22 every night. but when you talk about the price of the engines it is the same. Some guys are going to spend 25,000 and some are going to spend 5,000 and work there butt off to be competive. Some guys buy new tires every week and some of us use old 410 tires, but in the end we are having fun remember your racing for 500.00 dollars. Its a good night for us if we break even on the pit passses and fuel. LoL

1 member likes this post: jjracer636
9/23/14, 8:50 AM   #49
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

Wow ! This has really got u "die hard worlds greatest we're from indiana dammit" sprint car fans in a wad. All over ADDING another class of sprint cars?????
I only have one question..... If indiana is the bastion of nonwing sprint cars (, then why r u adding a winged entry level class?
I don't particularly like 305s at my home track(knoxville) but it's more racing so I win in the end.
I think winged 305s will work on your indiana bullrings. Lawrenceburg will eat them up though. I personally look forward to seeing 305s on our next trip to indiana.

1 member likes this post: Josh Kinser
9/23/14, 8:57 AM   #50
SWScaleChassis

I completely agree. Build a motor within the rules, and its fairly affordable. Cruise the classifieds for a few days, theres a chassis here, chassis and body, chassis, body, motor plate, arms, raduis rods... etc.

Yeah, the pure 410 guys may turn their nose up at the 'little 305 guys with the cute wings'. Fine. Leave after the 410's run their main.

But when you can take a kid from a Kart to a 305, you skip all the big $$ investment in the micro/lightning sprint monopoly that it is today. Seat time in a used chassis that won with Shuman or Clauson or Stanbrough behind the wheel once. On the same tracks as the big guys too.

Then, put in a 360 and run with the 410's. Then a few years later, add the 410.

And hell, you wanna avoid the tech issues. Like I said before.. the GM Crate 602/604... Might be worth a shot as well.

I just cant wrap my head around that folks shoot down ideas that could grow our sport between owners drivers and fans alike.. The same folks that scratch their head with low car counts, and hardly any folks in the stands.

-Justin

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington speedway to run 305 racesaver sprints in 2015