IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Attn: Mmsa mini sprints
7/10/13, 5:26 PM   #11
Re: Attn: Mmsa mini sprints
Bradleyracing86

Weight only goes so far, our good friend Colin Ambrose has the same car, injection, same engine as me. He's alot more on the scales. He's a better driver than I but I guarantee the weight has no effect on him being fast. So I'm not buying the weight argument. Unless its like 300-400 difference.
Even then if the tracks slick they may have an advantage.

Everyone wants these cars to be universally ruled. Easily done, stock motors, after market oil pans and fuel delivery allowed. Only.
No port no polish, no rods, pistons, cams, no removing anything. Alky is for safety, so you'll never get stock injection rules, and half the motors won't fit with a stock pan. These motors will last, and be competitive if you leave them alone.

Roger Solenburgers, and Bill Mays rules are just fine.

Quit playing with the oil system dad. !

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by Bradleyracing86; 7/10/13 at 5:31 PM.

1 member likes this post: El1teBr33ze
7/10/13, 5:31 PM   #12
SPIKER RACING PRODUCTS

Yes Hyper is building new midgets also. They look just like the Lighting Sprint.

7/10/13, 6:46 PM   #13
Quantrill

Andy,,,,,Sorry we band you’re Engler injection system. We (Mid-America Lightning Sprints) took a common since approach to our rules. Did not and don’t see the need for a $3500 plus injection system to run up front. Andy, and some others don’t feel there is a place for aftermarket STEEL rods in our class. I disagree,, Please tell me what did Joe Gibbs racing get busted for this year in NASCAR. It was heavier rods,,,RIGHT????,,,,, wait,,,,,,,, nope it was lighter rods. You won’t find any aftermarket rods that are lighter then stock Rods! There is NO performance gain for heavier rotating parts. But there is a longevity factor. And that is what MALS is after. We don’t want to see anyone blow up a motor. PLUS,, wait for it,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you DON’T have to run aftermarket rods! Now the aftermarket pistons?? We are rethinking that part. We are stock bore and stroke, no aftermarket cams, no porting, no milling,of heads,,,,, STOCK heads as they come off the bike, Un-like MMSA who allows porting and milling. By the way just how are you teching deck height???? no aftermarket ECU, no in car adjustments of any kind except the wing slider, no zero lose charging systems, NO BMW, no 2011 or newer ZX-10r no 2012 or newer R-1 or GSXR. This year we are still allowing the older 1205 oil cooled motors and ZX-12. Those will be dropped for next year. If anyone want to look at our rules please go to your web site and click the rules tab, then you can tell me if we are trying to help this class with common since rules or hurting it as Andy would like for you to believe. http://midamericalightningsprints.blogspot.com/

I guess we must be on peoples radar since we are being thrown under the bus our first year! Thanks ANDY

Andy what was tech on your car for winning last weekend?
Last edited by Quantrill; 7/10/13 at 6:48 PM.

7/10/13, 7:09 PM   #14
Bradleyracing86

Didn't mean to hurt your feelings guy. Your common sense approach is flawed. You have built rules around what you have. I mean you can call me out personally all you want. Anyone here can, but there's no common sense in allowing after market rods and high compression pistons. If you didn't have the pistons you wouldn't need the rods, If you didn't mill the head you wouldn't need the rods. Injection is a whole different argument. The idea that they weigh more than stock 99% of the time is false. If you bought rods that are heavier than stock you wasted $1200.

And you dump on us for running non wing?

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by Bradleyracing86; 7/10/13 at 7:18 PM.

7/10/13, 7:26 PM   #15
Bradleyracing86

Not trying to throw gas on this fire but why is it again you won't allow newer engines? Is it because there stock output might be better than your built output. There is hardly if any advantage to running a new gen motor. Ask Dorset, ask hench, ask Rosson, ask Larry foz. These engines are unproven and many times worse than what we have already figured out. That new r1 is a turd, the new gsxr likes to share its self all over the track. You guys rules are basically made up of being scared of the unknown. Like Engler you have seen one. You based your judgment off that. What does your injection cost, can you take it to another generation of engine .. Wait you don't allow newer engines... Can you take it to a different brand engine.? Off topic I know...
Where did you the price for a Engler?

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by Bradleyracing86; 7/10/13 at 7:47 PM.

7/10/13, 8:05 PM   #16
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Jeez, he just asked if he could come run one non-wing race...

7/10/13, 8:11 PM   #17
Bradleyracing86

Sorry Rob, didnt mean to hijack your request, Id love to see the hyper, but I wanna see it under the same standards we are held too. Inwanna see what the car can do, not what the engine can do . He sure can, he just has to put one of his stock engines in.

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by Bradleyracing86; 7/10/13 at 8:14 PM.

7/10/13, 8:11 PM   #18
Quantrill

We...... myself and Phil Heavelow have put a lot of time effort and money into MALS helping lightning sprint growth. And quite frankly for you to throw MALS under the bus as you are trying to do makes NO sense to me???

Your response shows me you truly have not read our rules! You just want to throw bombs! So let me post for you what is causing you some much grief. So when you pick it apart you at least know what you are talking about.

Quote:
stock head, cylinder, crankshaft and crankcase. Head must use only stock parts. No after market parts are allowed. After market stock non performance enhancing pistons and rods are allowed.
What does this mean? This means any steel rod and any stock weight piston with stock compression ratio may be used. MALS realizes that it is not cost effective for the racers to blow 1-2 motors a year. Therefore IF motors can be made more reliable by replacing the so called weak link we feel it is better for the growth of the sport to implement this rule!
Do you see anything about high compression pistons being allowed? Do you see anything about milling heads being allowed. All motors that have won an MALS races are STOCK from head to the crank. And for your knowledge, MALS has gone to the trouble of Hiring an AMA official to do our tech. And we TECH!!! Every motor that has been top three has been tech for Fuel, Compression, Stroke and Bore. So tell me again... what was teched on your car after you won last weekend??

We did our research over the winter and put together a fare rules package. Sorry it does not agree with your vision of lightning sprints.

Andy,,, what are you trying to accomplish ??? Are you trying to insure that no one comes to run with MALS just because you can't run your Engler here?? Do you care about growing this sport?? Or do you want to tear it down?

Mid-America Lightning Sprints has the sport of Lightning Sprints growth as our goal and our vocus. Try and remember that when your trying to criticise something you have not read or understand!

You added more, new motors? Main reason is there are two few of them the cost and yes the H.P. advantage. The 2011 ZX-10r and the BMW are on the same level and are game changers. New 2012 R-1 and GSXR not sure about. The new ZX-10 and BMW put our 16 HP more then older motors.

Built motors,,, CLUELESS!!!
Last edited by Quantrill; 7/10/13 at 8:17 PM.

7/10/13, 8:13 PM   #19
mini27

7/10/13, 8:15 PM   #20
Bradleyracing86

You have high comp pistons. Atleast you told me you did.? I thought you won?

I'm just retaliating to your remarks. Just because I mention you allow aftermarket parts doesn't give you the right to berate me.

You allow built engines. Fact

When you ban engines it makes the other cost more. That's common sense.

Btw haven't ran Engler all year.
Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by Bradleyracing86; 7/10/13 at 8:21 PM.

1 member likes this post: DAD
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Attn: Mmsa mini sprints