IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tmez
12/17/18, 9:55 PM   #21
Re: Tmez
jdull99

Good thing he SAID it & didn't TWEET it...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

4 members like this post: interpreter66, jim goerge, koolaid89, racenut69
12/17/18, 10:56 PM   #22
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Not sure but Tmez didn't run a ton of USAC but this year. Did the PA tour, Not sure how much else.

Rest assured though, Him and Donny Gentry have a car capable of winning, They'll be running for a podium.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, oppweld
12/18/18, 12:01 AM   #23
trannyman

So,it's ok to say something like that about a community/venue that provides good racing?
We don't use "barbershop talk"at a kids birthday party for a reason.Just like "pit talk" shouldn't be used for a victory speech.
Let's not forget,we strive for our youth to get involved in racing.We want families to come out and support racing.
Of all the great,good things that could've been said,that was the best he could come up with?
Oh,p.s. My son,and our family are Tmez fans,but that's not what the thread is about.I agree with badcoupe.

12/18/18, 11:34 AM   #24
Kansasdirtfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by trannyman View Post
So,it's ok to say something like that about a community/venue that provides good racing?
We don't use "barbershop talk"at a kids birthday party for a reason.Just like "pit talk" shouldn't be used for a victory speech.
Let's not forget,we strive for our youth to get involved in racing.We want families to come out and support racing.
Of all the great,good things that could've been said,that was the best he could come up with?
Oh,p.s. My son,and our family are Tmez fans,but that's not what the thread is about.I agree with badcoupe.
That's a valid point, trannyman. We do tend to forget that there are young ears listening, and although they most likely hear that and probably worse (just turn on your television) on a daily basis, I'm always a little saddened that some interviewees can't seem to find more appropriate words to express themselves. You bring to mind a comment Levi made after winning the Gold Crown at Tri-City that I thought was totally inappropriate. But that's just me. And apparently you too.

2 members like this post: rachasin, trannyman
12/18/18, 12:13 PM   #25
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

I agree with Trannyman that the language was probably not suitable for younger ears but I think it's been lost in the comments about Tmez trashing the venue that he dissed himself too, calling himself a "Scrub like me". Sounds more like an attempt at self-deprecating humor than a slam on the track, so not really in the same spirit as implying a track owner was going to get somebody killed...
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

12/18/18, 12:54 PM   #26
Grocery Guy

Didn't T-Mez have a Facebook social media explosion a few years ago during USAC Sprint Car week? If my memory is correct, and I could be wrong, that did not work out too well. Many think it's cool to say what you want, but you never know when the consequences can hurt you. Don't think that fans, car owners, crew members and potential sponsors aren't listening. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it hurts.

12/18/18, 1:21 PM   #27
Charles Nungester

Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grocery Guy View Post
Didn't T-Mez have a Facebook social media explosion a few years ago during USAC Sprint Car week? If my memory is correct, and I could be wrong, that did not work out too well. Many think it's cool to say what you want, but you never know when the consequences can hurt you. Don't think that fans, car owners, crew members and potential sponsors aren't listening. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it hurts.
Don't think it was anything to do with Social Media. Had to do with some comments made in person after a sprintweek turned to hell in front of the cars major sponsor.,

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
12/18/18, 2:22 PM   #28
Grocery Guy

Thanks Charles. I did not know for sure. Trust me....after working for a company 43 years, sometimes I had to learn the hard way that less said was better. I'm not a big fan of swearing, especially in a post race / sporting event interviews. Some listeners / viewers like the emotion, so I guess it's up to the person speaking. There are plenty of other drivers that cross the line, too.

12/18/18, 2:29 PM   #29
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Don't think it was anything to do with Social Media. Had to do with some comments made in person after a sprintweek turned to hell in front of the cars major sponsor.,

I"m thinking he lost that ride a day or two later

12/18/18, 4:55 PM   #30
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Love me some TMez!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tmez