IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > POWRI "Battle at the Center" this Saturday!
12/19/10, 1:20 PM   #161
Re: POWRI "Battle at the Center" this Saturda
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by motormouthmyers View Post
Are they ever going to post the entire rundown for the A feature? Also was wondering why they threw the yellow with 2 to go? They said someone did a 360 on the track, but they did not stop or cause anyone else to stop.
Bill has a thread that has an article from Speed Sport with the entire rundown.
Thanks Bill!

12/19/10, 2:59 PM   #162
petey

Note to self: never pay for a webcast, evar!

The feature wasn't much to watch but some of the heats and the qualifiers were entertaining. A lot of beating and banging going on, more than usual. Cottle and Kuhn, Adler and T-Mez, Clauson and Daum. Gotta say that Pittman looked good until he broke. I'd say that he and DD were maybe the two best all night, it's just circumstances that kept either one from winning. Hope Powri can keep this race going for years to come!

Special thanks to AERO for the brews!
Last edited by petey; 12/19/10 at 3:04 PM.

12/19/10, 6:34 PM   #163
stlracing

Complete rundown: http://www.stlracing.com/forums/show...638#post730638

12/19/10, 7:25 PM   #164
BrentTFunk

Had a good time at the race. Was good to see Areo, Petey, Mudpacker, Ben, ASQ,and several others. Only part I would change is I wouldn't have hit the deer 13 miles after I left. Tore the heck out of the car, but I would return to a race there again. Congrats to Casey on the win.

12/19/10, 9:28 PM   #165
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Had a good time at the race. Was good to see Areo, Petey, Mudpacker, Ben, ASQ,and several others. Only part I would change is I wouldn't have hit the deer 13 miles after I left. Tore the heck out of the car, but I would return to a race there again. Congrats to Casey on the win.
I enjoyed the evening. I had a deer cross my path between Benton and McCleansboro, but I had .ample time to brake

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
12/19/10, 10:14 PM   #166
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

First of all thank you to PowrI for putting on a show on December 18th. No one else was racing so it was a no brainer to go and watch for us. Not much else in the midwest until spring.

Secondly, it was great seeing so many from the IOW board there in person. Got to visit with a number of folks that I wouldn't see all winter and wish them all Merry Christmas & Happy New Year face to face. The only way to guarantee shows like this continue is having butts in the seats. PPV won't make this return especially since it sounds like so many had trouble with access.

Brent, I hope everyone is okay after meeting Bambi on the road. Remember, vehicles can be fixed or replaced; human life is precious. To all of the folks who made the trip I hope you enjoyed the racing like RacinBabe and I did. Now, back to the couch for college football bowl games. Don't have to worry about the Big Red man coming. Way too naughty this year and I spoke to him at the Center on Saturday night and he is skipping the trip.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
Last edited by Mud Packer; 12/19/10 at 10:16 PM.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
12/19/10, 11:10 PM   #167
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

I have to get that signal jammer fixed, since it sounds like the feed worked some of the time

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, mowerman
12/19/10, 11:40 PM   #168
Jim Gardner

Quote:
Originally Posted by motormouthmyers View Post
Are they ever going to post the entire rundown for the A feature? Also was wondering why they threw the yellow with 2 to go? They said someone did a 360 on the track, but they did not stop or cause anyone else to stop.
When we ran a mini sprint there a few winters ago POWRi told us in the drivers meeting that every 360 spin would bring out the yellow. Id imagine the same rule applied last night.

12/20/10, 6:34 PM   #169
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AERO410SCJA View Post
I have to get that signal jammer fixed, since it sounds like the feed worked some of the time
Priceless

12/21/10, 12:42 PM   #170
Mark Walter

Hi Folks...just wanted to stop by and thank those who bought the PPV. We are sorry for the problems some folks experienced. I answered numerous emails in the 5 hours the show was running. Unfortunately we could not get everybody squared away.

This was not my first PPV, however the lessons learned will transmit into a better experience for the next one we do. This particular event we used a tried and true Windows media platform provided by a company I've done business with in the past. Windows Media use to be the medium of choice for these types of shows, that is no longer the case.

Subsequent shows will use Flash and probably be based on Ustreams paid platform. This is similar to the program USAC uses for their streams. We stream all events at 500K, so the quality will be top notch. I have found Flash transmits well across all OS, Windows and MAC. We did not have a viable PPV portal to use flash this time, however that will change for any future races we will webcast as PPV.

My hats off to NeWave Productions for their masterful camera work, instant replays and interviews. I'm certain the Lucas On The Edge show will be exceptional.

A huge thanks to Kenny Brown and the folks at Powri for being so accommodating with our and NeWave's needs. I've never worked with a promoter that was as open and supporting as your group. You guys are the best, we look forward to working with you again!

Again, thanks for your business...we will work hard to make the next feed as trouble free as possible.

1 member likes this post: racegal
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > POWRI "Battle at the Center" this Saturday!