IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eastern storm tour
6/9/12, 10:04 PM   #1
Eastern storm tour
reeserx

This is just a question, not bashing or anything like that but I was just curious what anyone thought about why the car counts were so low over there this year? Last year it seemed to be high 20s to 30s and the highest this year was like 23

Posted via Mobile Device

6/10/12, 9:09 AM   #2
Re: Eastern storm tour
addictedtodirt

A good question there reserx. I also wonder what will happen next year when USAC dictates the switch to ethonol. My guess is even lower numbers.

6/10/12, 9:47 AM   #3
Rpracing1

$$$$$$$$$$$$.............Plain and simple.........

1 member likes this post: Dalton Dietrich
6/10/12, 10:14 AM   #4
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

That and a shorter tour. I think if Lincoln would have been on the schedule with a mid week show that might have helped a little bit.

Still everything I heard was that the fans loved it!

6/10/12, 10:36 AM   #5
Gee2

$$$$ and we have to remember that out east everyone runs the wing. Its not going to draw a high car count for obvious reasons. When USAC runs a show in the midwest local guys will travel when its closer to home and of course car counts will be up.

6/10/12, 11:34 AM   #6
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtodirt View Post
A good question there reserx. I also wonder what will happen next year when USAC dictates the switch to ethonol. My guess is even lower numbers.
THERE IS NO DICTATION of switching to ETHANOL in Midgets & SPRINTS for 2013.

Quit spreading rumors. Kevin Miller cleared that up in the Ethanol Siver Crown thread.

How many locals run most Indiana USAC shows or even WoO? Answer, NOT MANY.

Seems lately that tracks throw some money in the pot and teams run the other way. and seriously, Its every teams desire to be competitive and the simple fact is that at most tracks. The locals don't think they can beat em.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 6/10/12 at 11:39 AM.

1 member likes this post: GregD
6/10/12, 11:43 AM   #7
RacingGirl10

This was my first trip out east and I must say I was pleasantly surprised! Yes, there weren't enough cars to run B Mains, but the racing was great. I was a little nervous just because of what I'd heard other people say about the tracks, but it was fun to see some good racing on new and different tracks. The first 2 nights some pre-race sprinkles had the tracks in great condition to lay down some quick times! My favorite race as a spectator was New Egypt, watching Bryan, Jerry, and Dave getting through lapped traffic was definitely exciting! The crowds were great every night and sitting in the stands I got to hear a lot of people's opinions on USAC that don't get to see us race but once a year. They were impressed! I heard various comments from how talented the drivers are to how awesome it is to watch them get so sideways in the corners. Not to mention, they were very welcoming and nice to our family! Overall it was nice to come out, run for a little higher purses, and have a great time... Now then, ready to get back to our home tracks for 5 straight nights of Midget Racing!!

Posted via Mobile Device

6/10/12, 12:12 PM   #8
SteveD

Great idea....A "Show Me The Money Tour". No trumpet playing bands just 410's getting sideways and squirting dirt as the Big Guy upstairs intended. It's all about the racers, racecars, race tracks and fans. They pay the freight and pull the wagon.

1 member likes this post: mowerman
6/10/12, 12:26 PM   #9
nowingsjeff

Race Count This Year: 5

You guys like to moan about car counts, but USAC brought more cars to Central PA this weekend than what WoO did a few weeks back. The only difference is the locals winged cars pad the WoO car counts, where they don't with USAC.

I would like to commend the local guys that did go without the tin. They didn't drive over their heads and were respectable considering their limited experience.

Big crowds at all races bodes well for a "Easter Storm" tour in 2013.

Now if we could just get these tracks to stop packing the racing surface so tight, we'd really have something here.

6/11/12, 9:52 AM   #10
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

One thing not mentioned so far is that alot of teams stayed home to get set up on all the local tracks for this weeks Midget Week and July's Sprint Weeks shows. Lower car counts at our local bull rings this weekend, but still plenty of talent to make all the races exciting. I hope you saved some money thru the winter months cause now its time to get serious, Midget Week starts Wednsday night, bob.

1 member likes this post: mowerman
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eastern storm tour