IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC National Sprint Cars - 2023 Schedule
12/9/22, 11:34 AM   #31
Re: USAC National Sprint Cars - 2023 Schedule
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
Sounds good.... how big is it now?
Action Track is not much bigger but wider and more banked. Hopefully the fences are reinforced as the track viewing areas and pit area is up against the track surface. Wouldn't be surprised the USAC East Coast guys turn out in good number because the 410 engine is not an advantage here, the 360's will hold their own. Mark Smith won a winged 410 race there with a 360. Time will tell how this one plays out.

Bruce Eckel

12/9/22, 12:41 PM   #32
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinglessLovers View Post
Action Track is not much bigger but wider and more banked. Hopefully the fences are reinforced as the track viewing areas and pit area is up against the track surface. Wouldn't be surprised the USAC East Coast guys turn out in good number because the 410 engine is not an advantage here, the 360's will hold their own. Mark Smith won a winged 410 race there with a 360. Time will tell how this one plays out.

Bruce Eckel

The old PRP Portsmouth Raceway Park (Same place it is now) Just the track was very small, maybe a bit bigger than Lawrenceburg Motorcycle speedway. I seen a all star show there winged and seen winged sprints totally back em in. Totally awesome. Lots of attrition and Mark Keegan won.

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing
12/9/22, 8:22 PM   #33
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
Really? I don't know where you're starting, but looking at that list of tracks, once you get to Central Pa., Harrisburg area, you don't need the Turnpike at all to go track to track...
Look up Willow Grove Pa. It’s exit 343 on the turnpike. When looking at a map and knowing I have to go home after each race for work, you will see that it’s how you go to get anywhere in decent time from where I live. Central Pa is 100 miles west of here. Thanks for the help. The first three nites and Kutztown really aren’t in Central pa at all. Again thanks for the help.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
12/10/22, 6:58 PM   #34
addictedtodirt

Load up that E-ZPass, pick up your dad, and head to the track. Always enjoy the banter we share Steve. Hope to see and chat with you at a few more in '23.

12/10/22, 7:52 PM   #35
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I tried turnpike dodging on one of my coaster trips which included williams grove park. You end up with a overheating transmission and bald brakes. Some of those roads are wicked. They even curve around barns.
Ah, hell.... half the fun of driving somewhere is wondering if you are going to make it.

4 members like this post: flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, jonboat15, tirespinner
12/11/22, 10:59 AM   #36
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtodirt View Post
Load up that E-ZPass, pick up your dad, and head to the track. Always enjoy the banter we share Steve. Hope to see and chat with you at a few more in '23.
Will do. It’s always good to see ya whether it’s out there or back here. EZ pass is a wonderful thing with all of the money we save. I’d cringe to see what the toll bill would be without it. 💰

12/11/22, 11:40 AM   #37
dsc1600

I can attest the non-highway roads in the mountain areas of PA are ridiculous and borderline unsafe especially at night.

1 member likes this post: Hustlin-Hoosier
12/11/22, 11:55 AM   #38
The bubs

I attest to this as well. It really gets bad if there is fog involved. You have to grow up with it , so you’re use to it otherwise it’s tough to deal with. Too many switchbacks.

12/11/22, 12:44 PM   #39
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I tried turnpike dodging on one of my coaster trips which included williams grove park. You end up with a overheating transmission and bald brakes. Some of those roads are wicked. They even curve around barns.
OK, if you're used to flat & straight roads, I guess

12/11/22, 12:51 PM   #40
flagboy55

I have nothing to complain about with the schedule as long as the Action Track gets it’s races. Now just figuring out which ones to go to. I was hoping, even though I had no reason to think it would happen, that Joliet would be on the schedule. It’s 2 hours to my closest sprint car track for me, and 66 is 45 minutes. That’s nothing for my buddy Oppweld, but I just don’t like driving home more than that anymore, it lessens the enjoyment factor. And enjoyment is why I go!

1 member likes this post: oppweld
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC National Sprint Cars - 2023 Schedule