IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > More Midget Races Cancelled
9/16/11, 4:40 PM   #191
Re: More Midget Races Cancelled
DAD

If you stir S%$T it enough they will smell it even if they don't read it. You have to remember it's their pocket too.

1 member likes this post: Roy Bleckert
9/16/11, 5:11 PM   #192
Roy Bleckert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution Racing View Post
I do hope that the guys on 16th St are reading this. I think its encouraging to see this much cooperation and positive input. so just in case those guys ARE reading.....

HEY KEVIN! MY NUMBER IS 805-238-3930. CALL ME!
IIRC You & Emmit are hooked up on a Midget deal ? are you two willing to come to the table & work this out ?

My # is 951 242 5397

9/16/11, 5:41 PM   #193
darnall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Bleckert View Post
IIRC You & Emmit are hooked up on a Midget deal ? are you two willing to come to the table & work this out ?

My # is 951 242 5397
I think they WERE hooked up on a deal but may not be anymore. Emmit has an Oklahoma local building spec ecotechs now using an Engler mechanical injector and a few different bolt ons (header, air filter) than what was originally used as the ASCS spec motor...both are legal to use this year I believe but both may not be legal in the future..

I would bet anything I own that Kieth/Revolution would be the first through the door ready to sit at the table and get to work..
Last edited by darnall; 9/16/11 at 5:42 PM. Reason: fat fingers combined with thin brains causes typos

9/16/11, 8:29 PM   #194
BrianBSU23

Not meaning to highjack this thread, but the Montpelier Motor Speedway is very serious about it. Hopefully, we will be able to get in touch with Mini-Sprints owners in the Northern part of the state tomorrow night at our Non-Wing Mini Sprint event to see if there is any interest in a class like this.

If you are a car ower or driver and have not filled out our survey or contacted us about your possible interest please do so. We cannot jump into something like this without the needed feedback and SUPPORT of all teams involved.

We are asking ALL INTERESTED CAR OWNERS/DRIVERS to please complete our brief survey at:

SURVEY LINK

You can Email or PM me any Further, Ideas, Comments, Questions, or Interest to bemcevoy@yahoo.com and these will be compiled with our responses.

We have been compiling emails, surveys, phone calls, and several rule books we have been sent. We have had some offers for some phone calls for further information and will start to make those when we get more figured out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
Since it has been stated on this board before, why not approach Harold Hunter, owner of Montpelier Motor Speedway. He is stated to have an interest in hosting weekly midget programs so why not try to get some of these changes in place for 2012 and prove that it can work. Somebody please step forward and make this happen. The world of midget racing is ready for change.

9/16/11, 9:44 PM   #195
Revolution Racing

Hey guys I am ready to talk! The RRE ECOtec is fully developed with over 3 years of running under our belt. I made that last offer to the USAC office but the offer is of course extended to anybody out that way that wants to try and make a difference.

And just to be clear, my company is no longer associated with Emmet or ASCS. We do build ECOtecs featuring either mechanical or Electronic fuel injection and have had good results with both. The engines featuring electronic engine management are less expensive, more durable and offer a better powerband (more torque over a wider band). They each make about the same peak power but there is more potential with the EFI. But, I'll build anything you want. Better yet, I'll sell you the parts and you build it.

Any of you guys out there that want to talk about this, please do call me. I'll be happy to spend some time on the phone with you.

Keith Iaia
RRE
805-238-3930

9/17/11, 8:25 AM   #196
DAD

HOLD ON THERE!!!!!! A you telling me that there are people out there that would revise a 60 year old idea (mechanical injection) and try selling it to us racers saying it is better than this new fangled computerised stuff just to make a few extra bucks. That goes to show you there is nothing new under the sun or in racing. If sales is down just look in the history books for a new idea. Im talking with "AJ" and trying to get him to build a parallel long bar car for us, he just keeps shaking his head, I don't know why. I think He knows Im an old fart and usually puts up with me. Then maybe 10 years down the road Im thinking about a suicide front end. You never know?
Last edited by DAD; 9/17/11 at 8:28 AM.

9/17/11, 10:59 AM   #197
Revolution Racing

Not sure where you are trying to go with that comment "Dad", but I don't want anybody to get the wrong idea about what I'm doing so I'll just make myself clear;

There are a couple of racing organizations out there that for whatever reason will still not ALLOW EFI. They will however allow the bacic ECOtec engine configuration. So I have had customers request mechanical injection on ECOtecs in order that they could race with their paricular club. These engines require the same kind of fiddling and tuning that any mechanical engine would, and you have to change the oil just about every time you run the engine because mechanical injectors are incredibly ineffiecient, but overall it is a satisfactory product for those who can not go EFI or those who just can't get their heads around the idea.

However - to be clear - the EFI ECOtec is a superior product in every way. It costs less to purchase AND to keep running, it will last a LOT longer, and it gets around the track faster.

As I said before, my job is to build engines for customers. You want a mechanical engine? You got it. You want to know which type is better? My advice is completely free and totally optional. Now you know where I stand on the issue.

3 members like this post: DAD, Midget 89, Mud Packer
9/18/11, 10:32 PM   #198
DAD

That was not a jab at you. In you post you spoke the truth. Than kind of caugh me off guard. You are in business to make engines and a living. We race mini sprints and use electronic injection. We did change over to methanol and spent about $500.00 to do so. We have guys racing mini sprints that spend thousands of dollars changing over to mechanical injectors. They want to be like the big boys and run what they run.

There is an old wives tale out there that electronic injection is too expensive and complicated for the average racer, that is pure bull. I use an old clayton dyno and exhaust analizer to dial in my injectors seems to work just fine for me and I don't worry about it after that. I don't change oil every race maybe every 5 just because I do. I don't get my air density gauge out anymore and I don't blow up motors or melt down pistons.

I think the big boys need to wake up and get their heads out in the day light and look at electronics. I bet YOU coul build a retrofit electronic injection for less than $2000.00 and that would also include the ignition unit. It would be very easy to convert their old throttle bodies over to electronic injectors and they don't even know about how shower injectors would help them.

9/19/11, 1:50 AM   #199
ThrowbackRacingTeam

In the heyday of midget racing, post WW2 - the 50's I believe there were two classes of midgets, an A and B. The B class didn't allow offenhauser's because they were too expensive. Most local/weekly tracks such as Sun Prairie, WI and Davenport,IA ran the B class. Sure seemed to work good then! Also, yeah you can buy a used engine for 10 or 12 grand but how many usac races do you think you'll finish in the top five with it? Answer...none. As for tires, there are tires the non-USAC clubs could go to right now that would be competetive for most of a season before replacement. Now that would really save money. I don't see Hoosier Tire fielding any cars. As for hauler fuel cost, I towed my midget with a mini van and small open trailer which saved on fuel cost. Remember when that was how most cars were hauled? Midget racing doesn't need $30,000 engines, 850lb. cars, soft tires and toter homes to be successful. I think that's what Don Moore is trying to say. USAC rule makers didn't keep up with what rich owners were doing and technological advances that skyrocketed costs. Their average car counts prove it. If technology goes unchecked you'll end up with only a handful of the richest owners left who rent their rides to the highest bidders. SOUND FAMILIAR??????

2 members like this post: Revolution Racing, supdh56
9/19/11, 6:55 AM   #200
DAD

Rules are designed to be broken. It usually takes a lot of money to break rules and go undetected. You can make a 30 year old motor fast, but it takes a whole lot of money, spl heads, blocks, cranks, rods etc. There is new stuff out there that would be fast right out of the box all you would have to do is plug and play, that's "cheap". Why do you have to stay with the old stuff and spend mega bucks to make it fast. Are we living in the past in racing I thought racing improved the breed, in this case the breed got ahead of racing and we are still putting development funds in dead 30 years old designs.
Last edited by DAD; 9/19/11 at 6:58 AM.

1 member likes this post: Revolution Racing
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > More Midget Races Cancelled