IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Oswego Last night
8/7/09, 9:57 AM   #1
Oswego Last night
racephoto1

I went to Oswego last night. Good Race and huge crowd. Tough joint to pass at though. Tyler led all 100, and Lichty had his throttle hang . Huge hit, but the styrofoam blocks saved him. Great vacation.Here are a few shots.

More later.
Last edited by racephoto1; 9/19/10 at 1:42 AM.

1 member likes this post: itsanonwingthing
8/7/09, 10:19 AM   #2
Re: Oswego Last night
stuecklen

Nice photos. Do you have a photo of Coleman Gulick's car? I would like to see his
silver crown car.

8/7/09, 11:07 AM   #3
IndyBound

The Silver Crown show at Oswego had a great car count and huge crowd, I for one hope this becomes an annual event. Maybe next year they can expand by bring the sprints and midgets with them, all three divisions racing at Oswego would be a great show IMHO. Run Oswego on Thursday night and run a dirt show on Saturday night at the Syracuse mile.

Patti
Last edited by IndyBound; 8/7/09 at 11:19 AM.

8/7/09, 11:29 AM   #4
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

Glad to hear they had a big crowd and it would be great if they could get all 3 divsions up there.

8/7/09, 12:10 PM   #5
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

There is enough dirt tracks in Western New York to run for a whole week.

Ransomville (dirt and right near the US/Canada border) runs Friday Nights, and countless other tracks run Saturdays. I believe Eriez Speedway runs Sunday. The only concern I would see is that all of the dirt fans love center steer mods up there. 35-40 car fields are common at a few tracks. I was going to go, but after being on and off work since May, I am busy at work again. Needless to say I couldn't get the time off, and will have to settle for MSA Supers and Buckeye Super Sprints at Toledo tonight.

8/7/09, 12:20 PM   #6
Deansnuts

Now them are champ cars.Soooo glad to see them instead of those other things...gimmme more...Dean Buckley....

8/7/09, 4:59 PM   #7
Kevracer58

Good to see Jay Drake finish third. Way to go Jay!

8/7/09, 5:31 PM   #8
TeamCGR

Unfortunately we had to watch the race from the Infield since we suffered Ignition problems and were not able to compete. The only good news is that Coleman had a chance to sleep in his own bed for once since the track is close to home. That's the way it goes. Iceman is already in route to Brownsburg to change cars and run Knoxville on Sunday.

The good news is that we were able to watch Tracy Hines put on a clinic from the back of the pack. He was outstanding. I don't know Tracy very well but after the race had a chance to congratulate him on an awesome run. He was very humble and appreciative, signing autographs for plenty of youngsters. For those of you that did not hear about it or see the race, Tracy was running 3rd, passed for 2nd and then contact from another car sent him into the outside wall. He had to restart at the tail of the field and passed probably 10 to 12 VERY good cars, maybe more on the outside of a nearly flat track. Most of the night was single lane running until Tracy came through the field. It was really impressive. I am glad Coleman got a chance to watch him run that line.

There may not have been any better on Thursday at Oswego. Very impressive.

Pete G.
www.colemangulick.com
Join us on Facebook: Coleman Gulick Racing
God Bless our Troops and God Bless the USA

8/8/09, 12:32 AM   #9
racephoto1

Here are a few more shots from last night. As I said a great show. I would prefer Rolling Wheels to Syracuse. Rolling Wheels is big and fast, plus you can pass on it, you don't see much of that at Syracuse.

As for impressing me, Kody Swanson ran great . Passed on the outside, and drove his butt of fighting with Drake for 3rd. Great show all around.
Last edited by racephoto1; 9/19/10 at 1:42 AM.

8/8/09, 1:13 PM   #10
Supermod
Inactive Member

Great shots Chris! Maybe next year I can hitch a ride to the big O. Hey, do we still have a reservation in the turn one "suite" at Springfield? See ya there.

later,

Bob Mays

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Oswego Last night