IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Dave Rudisell (Offline)
  #1 8/5/14 3:43 PM
While making laps today in the grader I came up with a idea. Tell me what you all think.
I was grading dirt up from the very bottom of the track, the service road if you will, and as I kept bringing up more dirt from down there And as I got about 70 feet up from the bottom I thought hmmmm, we should have a race down there, it measures 1/4 mile on the bottom. So here is my idea.
The Switching Gears Nationals!!
A two day show....Friday we run a complete show on the 1/4 mile track and on Saturday back to the high banks 3/8ths.
$5000 to win each night and a $5000 bonus to win both nights. Maybe run tqs on Friday as a support class, since they like smaller tracks. The 1/4 mile has a little banking but not a lot. What do you all think about that?
Attachments:
image.jpg (212.2 KB)

54 Likes: Avon Open Wheel fan, budsauto25, bzneil, Copperhead, DAD, davidm, Deansnuts, Dirtfan, dirtfan24, FALCONEDDIE, Geoff Kaiser, Gregg, i love dirt track racing, I Miss Manzy, interpreter66, Joe@ScaleSprints, JParker8190, Jrp4554, Ken Bonnema, KingRandomUser, Longtime sprinter, LUCKYONE, Mattmac05, mc/rider, minispeed, MOORESVILLETRUCKER, mowerman, mtek56, Mud Packer, nathans1012, Newport13, open_wheel_outlaw, Panama, Pat O'Connor Fan, PAW, Phylo82, PJ Wright, racegal, racephoto1, racerjim2, rapid robert, RedRacer07, RetiredShoe, Ricks Pics, Sandy Lowe, scottyCbus, SlingShock, speed bump, Speedracer, SprintManDave, throb, Tim Clauson, WBR 3E, wideopen24
Dave Rudisell (Offline)
  #2 8/5/14 3:46 PM
This would be in 2015, and would try to have it around this time of year when the Friday night tracks are off.
11 Likes: bzneil, cwfan08, davidm, dctracy79, FALCONEDDIE, i love dirt track racing, nathans1012, Pat O'Connor Fan, racephoto1, rapid robert, wideopen24
Chris Nunn (Offline)
  #3 8/5/14 3:46 PM
Now thats an example of thinking outside the box.

Chris Nunn
812-360-6711
nunnc812@gmail.com
7 Likes: cwfan08, davidm, hairracer44, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, team3521, Wayne Davis
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #4 8/5/14 3:50 PM
Bring in some extra bumper tires for them light poles. Probably a good idea anyway.

Isn't that slate are are you talking grading some dirt down to it?

Would love it personally But there'd have to be a lip for someone willing to get up on it!
Chuck

Charles Nungester
cmiracingvids (Offline)
  #5 8/5/14 3:50 PM
Are you serious on the payout?
dirt in ur beer (Offline)
  #6 8/5/14 3:52 PM
Been waiting for u to come up with a gd 2 day race . My girlfriend and I absolutely love your track but, at 7 hrs 0ne way we gotta have a 2 day show or wait till sprint/midget week.
Dave Rudisell (Offline)
  #7 8/5/14 3:54 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Bring in some extra bumper tires for them light poles. Probably a good idea anyway.

Isn't that slate are are you talking grading some dirt down to it?

Would love it personally But there'd have to be a lip for someone willing to get up on it!
Chuck
I would add a temp wall around lightpoles and such...to make a safe track there...and there is dirt there...the lime base is way under.
2 Likes: bn kleen, Charles Nungester
Dave Rudisell (Offline)
  #8 8/5/14 3:56 PM
Originally Posted by cmiracingvids:
Are you serious on the payout?
Sure I am! But would need to charge maybe $25 a night admission, or a two day ticket for $40
17 Likes: 3Cfan, davidm, FALCONEDDIE, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, Mattmac05, mc/rider, mowerman, Mud Packer, Pat O'Connor Fan, PIT CART, racephoto1, rapid robert, scottyCbus, speed bump, team3521, throb
badcoupe (Offline)
  #9 8/5/14 4:02 PM
Very cool idea
Chris Nunn (Offline)
  #10 8/5/14 4:05 PM
Depending on payout, it would be a 25 dollar ticket. I saw a lot of Summernationals Late Model races charge just 20 for $5,000 to win. A two day ticket deal is good...very good. 40 bucks for two days, is a steal with two 5K to win shows

Chris Nunn
812-360-6711
nunnc812@gmail.com