IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora Speedway
7/14/09, 11:57 AM   #1
Eldora Speedway
BuckeyeBullet

I'm planning on making my first trip to Eldora this Friday for the Knight Before the King's Royal (using this as a tune-up for my first 4-Crown trip in the fall :2. Can anyone give me some advice on the best places to watch from and(or) any other info that may be helpful for a Big E rookie.

Thanks in advance.

7/14/09, 12:01 PM   #2
Re: Eldora Speedway
Big Willy

Seriously, I would watch from Bloomington on Friday and Haubstadt on Saturday and spend Sunday relaxing and driving home

7/14/09, 12:09 PM   #3
MacTexas

Be sure and take goggles.

7/14/09, 12:10 PM   #4
Lawrenceburger

I haven't been there in a few years, but I don't think there is a bad seat in the house. I always liked the concrete bleacher section around turn four.

7/14/09, 12:11 PM   #5
arctic monkey21

Be prepared for negative wing comments on this board. Best bet is to get there early and just get whatever seats are left. I'm not exactly sure how big the crowd is because I've never been to the Kings Royal. Tony Stewart and Kasey Kahne are running 360s so that may add to the crowd size.

7/14/09, 12:12 PM   #6
BuckeyeBullet

Wish I could, believe me. This is merely a stop on the way to my girlfriends parents in Wapakoneta, OH. (about 45 miles NE of Eldora).

7/14/09, 12:19 PM   #7
Jerry Shaw

Look on whatever weather website you like and find out which direction the wind bill be blowing, that night. At this place, it can make all the difference in the World.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

7/14/09, 6:38 PM   #8
BIGEBUDMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBullet View Post
I'm planning on making my first trip to Eldora this Friday for the Knight Before the King's Royal (using this as a tune-up for my first 4-Crown trip in the fall :2. Can anyone give me some advice on the best places to watch from and(or) any other info that may be helpful for a Big E rookie.

Thanks in advance.
The track has been much better this year than the last few. You will not be dissapointed with your visit there. Best seats are on the concrete boxes in turn 4 or in the first turn in the reserved seats there. Most of these seats will be taken but sometimes people turn them back in to sell.

The speed there is truly an awesome sight. We will be there thursday morn to start the festivities

7/14/09, 6:42 PM   #9
hoosierhillbilly

turn 3 is fun. you can see them bouncing off the wall out of two. Regardless of your seat enjoy the atmosphere.

7/14/09, 8:23 PM   #10
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBullet View Post

Thanks in advance.
Upwind!

Get there early, it will be crowded.
Sit upwind, it's a DIRT TRACK!
Skip the pit pass, you can't see crap from the infield.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora Speedway