IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC National Midgets from North Vernon, IN live on www.usacracing.com now...
7/15/09, 11:29 AM   #91
Re: USAC National Midgets from North Vernon, IN live on www.usacracing.com now...
FishBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat O'Connor Fan View Post
Let me see......
short field
prelims were parades
way too many yellows in feature
track ate tires

Other than those minor details, it was one heck of a good night for USAC midget races
Steve, sorry I missed you last night. You should have been sitting over where we were because from our vantage point the heat races were excellent as well as the "B" and "A" that followed. Will admit that halfway through quals, I told Gregg that this was not likely to be a candidate for the annual "Best race of the Season" year end threads. However, the decision to water and run in was the correct one. Well worth the added downtime IMO. That move and with the sun going down, the track stayed decent and we thought the racing was excellent all night. I too would have liked to have seen more cars, but figured before we got there that on a Tuesday night during the middle of ISW the pit area would not be overflowing. Those that did show (with an exception of one or two) were competitive as hell. It was a shame that a couple of the front runners apparently chose the wrong tire for the track or ran over something ending their chances to win. Stuff happens!

Wouldn't presume to speak for anyone else (except Gregg ), but we felt we more than got our money's worth.

Last edited by FishBurger; 7/15/09 at 11:32 AM.

7/15/09, 12:01 PM   #92
Re: USAC National Midgets from North Vernon, IN live on www.usacracing.com now...
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat O'Connor Fan View Post
Let me see......
short field
prelims were parades
way too many yellows in feature
track ate tires

Other than those minor details, it was one heck of a good night for USAC midget races
They can't all be gems. You gotta take the bad with the good. There are no guarantees in life. If they were all the best, then you couldn't have a best race of the year thread.

You could have been there or where I was - lounging at home on the couch with a Pepsi and nodding off while watch the same old crap on cable TV. I know what I would prefer. The worst day at the races is better than the best day somewhere else.

7/15/09, 12:17 PM   #93
RacingGirl10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
The worst day at the races is better than the best day somewhere else.
Good Quote...made me smile People should think of that more often!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC National Midgets from North Vernon, IN live on www.usacracing.com now...