IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
spankytoo (Offline)
  #301 4/5/22 4:34 PM
Originally Posted by kn16:
Its real simply buy the right rear and left rear tires at the track,
End of story
Stops everything
It can take an hour to cut, sipe, and groove a tire so it won't blister at tracks like Lawrenceburg and Terre Haute.

If you look in your mirror and see a line of cars behind you, be kind and pull over.
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, Kendall2020, tirespinner
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #302 4/5/22 4:41 PM
Originally Posted by mc/rider:
I believe during Darlands last win at LB several drivers started blowing tires at 18 to20 laps into the feature
This wasn't the infamous Robert Ballou Rock collection race, was it?
wrtracing (Offline)
  #303 4/5/22 4:57 PM
I am curious if the USAC meeting Monday was well attended? Were the people that threatened to quit the series there?

WRT

There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way.

Christopher Morley
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, chrismattlin, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #304 4/5/22 5:04 PM
Aric Gentry Racing is one of the teams who posted they would race elsewhere last weekend due to the controversy.

Aric Gentry Racing
9 hrs ·
Larry & I of Aric Gentry Racing have decided to continue to compete with USAC Racing at the conclusion of the meeting last night. Let's hope they do uphold the integrity of the series and address any problems, no matter of a team’s status. Looking forward to being back at the track soon!
Thanks for all our great sponsors and supporters at Gene Nigg Construction, Alstatt Lawn Care & More, Roger Cary, Broc Giles,Brad Wilson, Whitetail Heaven Outfitters, Specialty Graphix, Engl… See more

Charles Nungester
10 Likes: BrentTFunk, captrat, Chief Wahoo, chrismattlin, DirtTrackTherapy16J, erich45, oldfan49, Rcar, sc17x, sprintracer82
mc/rider (Online)
  #305 4/5/22 5:52 PM
Originally Posted by Rpracing1:
This wasn't the infamous Robert Ballou Rock collection race, was it?
Possibly, not sure

When in doubt Gas It
Kendall2020 (Offline)
  #306 4/5/22 6:00 PM
Exactly. Mounting tires at the track isn’t fun.
K92 (Offline)
  #307 4/5/22 6:43 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
That was a tire defect Period. The six guys who never spun their tires all night made the end and ended up that way. From the teams I know run the burg, They put a new RR on for the feature and then use that tire if not too bad for next weeks heat race. Or another heat sometime

This is not a tire defect. A tire wears out quicker if it is spinning on top of the racetrack because of the excess heat that is being created from it spinning. A tire that is "in" the racetrack will not wear out as fast and will operate at a lower temperature
4 Likes: oppweld, progressive22, sprint38racer, tirespinner
sp6967 (Offline)
  #308 4/5/22 7:58 PM
xtreme is going to busy next year. wins rounds 1 and 2, it looks like it's gonna be a early knock out.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help." President Ronald Reagan
2 Likes: PIT CART, usac99
dustbowl (Offline)
  #309 4/6/22 12:32 AM
It’s comical, tuning into that meeting reminds me of tuning into CNN and expecting a real news story
5 Likes: K92, kinser, Oleman61x, spankytoo, TQ29m
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #310 4/6/22 9:05 AM
So I’ve seen 2 teams saying that USAC validated there stance. I haven’t seen anyone say that it was invalidated. Am I missing something or are the hater’s just gonna hate?I’m only interested in the truth even if it’s something I don’t want to hear
9 Likes: BrentTFunk, captrat, Charles Nungester, chrismattlin, DirtTrackTherapy16J, duel, erich45, oppweld, The Old Coyote